Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Excited for the next few days...

These next few days are going to be jam packed (where does that phrase come from?)! I'm going to be meeting with a ton of people that I know by name and phone only.

Random thought: It's always interesting to see what these people actually look like in comparison to how they look in my head. Then of course I always wonder what the "phone Ronnie" must look like to them. I'm just really excited and thought I'd throw out that completely random thought that was swirling around in this little noggin of mine.

Anyway, I'm heading to Baltimore where the NACFC is being held this year (If by chance you're reading this and are in the area as well, send me a note and maybe we can do coffee). It's going to be a neat experience to be surrounded by all of the "CF" going on in the next couple of days. I know it sounds strange, because for the most part my life is CF, but to me, this is a different side of it. The CF life I'm used to is full of relationships, tips, stories and interactions with others in the community. During the next couple of days I'm going to be hit with CF from "the other side", the side full of doctors, scientists, pharma companies, etc. I keep up on almost all things CF, but it's always different to hear it from the horse's mouth rather than read it in a news article. In this setting, I'll also have the opportunity to ask questions, to dig a little and hopefully come away with an even better understanding of the most basic stuff.

I at least hope to come home with some exciting news for all of you. Generally, there are one or two big announcements at these things. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that there are even more. I'll be sure to post anything I hear ASAP.

So anywho, wish me luck, not too much hassle at airport security and safe travels!