Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Support the Freezers?

We can't stress enough how important it is in our own lives to slow down when things seem to be getting "fast" and just think about the little things that we're thankful for. We had 3 brave souls join us last week in expressing their thankfulness last week and we're hoping that more climb on board today! I have a little "Linky Tools" at the end of this post that you can use to join the party and link up your thankfulness post! Feel free to spread this around to anyone you know that may like to participate.

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for freezers. This may sound like a weird thing to be thankful for, but let me tell you what, our freezer saves us a TON of money. I can't imagine if we had to buy and eat everything fresh! We'd have food going bad all the time. It also makes dinner time easy when you can just pull out some frozen veggies, frozen chicken and vwalla!

I'm thankful for the TVs at our gym. We have been really good at getting in 30-60 minutes of cardio every time we go to the gym and a big part of that is because the time flies by since we're able to just watch tv shows. It's hard to say, "Naa, I'm done" when you're doing exactly what you'd be doing at home, only getting a work out in at the same time.

I'm thankful for email. My family constantly has emails flying back and forth with pictures from the day, forwarding on updates from work, filling each other in on happenings. It makes me feel like my family is really close, even with my parents far away. It's a nice, quick and easy way to stay plugged into each other's lives.

I'm thankful for friends who have been there/are there! I have been chatting with several ladies on CysticLife, Facebook and the phone who are all going through the IVF process right now, or have recently gone through it, and man am I thankful. It is so nice to chat with others about their experience, hear what to expect, and have someone who can relate to what you're experiencing. It's very awesome to have people to chat with!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful that although I've had some coughing up blood issues over the past couple of days, my PFTs haven't taken that much of a hit and I may be turning the corner. I'm not sure what brought on the sudden case of hemoptysis since I have been feeling great these past few weeks, but I'm just thankful that it wasn't worse. It can always be a little touch and go during times like this- I'm definitely going however!

I'm thankful for my upcoming opportunity to speak to the awesome folks at the Stony Brook CF clinic in Long Island, NY on Saturday. I was invited to speak at their CF education day and I'm always thrilled to be a part of these types of events. They fill a much needed knowledge and social gap in the community that I'm just honored to be a part of. If you're anywhere near Long Island, I'd love to see you there on Saturday!!

I'm thankful for a CF team that trusts me. Although I'm coughing up blood and my PFTs dipped a bit, they trusted me enough to make the call whether or not I needed a tune-up. I'm confident that this little set back was just a minor blip in the road and I'll be back on my game in no time. I of course promised them to keep up my four treatments a day, continue with additional airway clearance through exercise and hop on Cayston ASAP (which I'll be thankful for if it arrives tomorrow). It's so comforting to have trust amongst myself and the team, but I have a feeling it stems from two things: They know I love feeling good and they know I'll do anything to feel good.

I'm thankful for support. I feel support all around us coming from it feels like 1000 different places and people. We have great families, first and foremost, but we also have amazing friends and an amazing community behind us. Throughout this whole IVF process, we've been able to connect with others who have gone through (or are currently going through) similar situations on CysticLife. It's nice to be able to throw any and every question out to them and know it will be answered promptly, honestly and with eagerness to help.