Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday - The Sun is ALWAYS Shining

We can't stress enough how important it is in our own lives to slow down when things seem to be getting "fast" and just think about the little things that we're thankful for. We had 4 other peeps join us last week in expressing their thankfulness and we're hoping that more climb on board today! I have a little "Linky Tools" at the end of this post that you can use to join the party and link up your thankfulness post! Feel free to spread this around to anyone you know that may like to participate.

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for heating pads. The shots these last few days haven't been bad, but they do have a way of making my butt pretty sore. It was suggested to put a little heat pad onto the injection site to help move some of the meds out of the muscle, and believe you me, it feels AWESOME!

I'm thankful for birthdays. I am so thankful and feel so blessed to have celebrated Ronnie getting another year older yesterday. I LOVE birthdays and everything that comes with them - cake, cards, presents, the birthday song, you name it. I'm so blessed to have Ronnie in my life and I am so thankful that this marks another year of him growing older - although not wiser ;-)

I'm thankful for sunshine and Arizona weather. The midwest and north east was DUMPED on yesterday (anyone reading this get snowed in?!) and I am so thankful that we don't have to shovel our way out of our home in the winter time. After living in the midwest and north east growing up, and going to school in Syracuse, NY (where it's never sunny and ALWAYS cloudy) I am so thankful for the 360 sunny days in arizona and the bearable winter weather.


Ronnie's List:

I'm so thankful for a wife who isn't afraid to let me know when to shut up. I have a bad case of "foot-in-mouth" syndrome as what I mean to say isn't often what is actually said. Not only does she let me know when I should probably rephrase stuff or just completely quit talking, but she does it in a very respectful and loving way. You think I get in trouble now? It'd be 1000 times worse if Mandi wasn't around.

I'm thankful for all of the great birthday wishes I received yesterday. I'm not a big birthday guy (I requested that we watch Judge Judy together on the couch instead of going to dinner), but it is nice to read comments from others wishing you a great day or thanking you for doing something you're passionate about. It definitely provided me with some much needed energy heading into these next couple weeks. Thanks guys!

I'm thankful for a sun that seems to always be shining. Not only am I talking about this great Arizona sun (sorry to all of you who are getting dumped on by the whiteness right now), but I'm also talking about my life in general. It seems no matter what happens throughout the day, with my health or with the weather, the sun is always shining. I can't tell you how often I think about it being a great day for the simple fact that I'm able to wake up and tackle it.