Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Pita Bread & Jelly Bird Eggs?

Know what time it is? It's thankful Thursday time! I've been out of the Hole for over a week now and am living the dream! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. as I mentioned, I no longer have the "linky tools" but I invite you to share your thankful blog in the comments section. Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful that peanut is growing just on time and that I'm still having a very smooth and easy pregnancy thus far. I'm thankful that with the exception of being a bit sleepy, I feel great with no morning sickness. I'm just so thankful to be pregnant with a healthy, growing baby!

I'm thankful that the weather is so gorgeous in Arizona. Yesterday I was able to enjoy a 4 mile walk outside in 75 degree weather. It doesn't get much better than that!! I feel so blessed to live in a city where the sun is shining most days and you can be outside all year long.

I'm thankful for pita bread. We bought some pita bread for a recipe the other day, and I have now found a bunch of uses for pita bread. Pita with hummus and veggie sandwiches, pita with scrambled egg whites and salsa, pita with grilled chicken....the possibilities are endless. I always love new additions to my pantry.

I'm thankful for my hubby. Yesterday Ronnie joked that I literally couldn't have a better husband for me (who knows what the context was). I laughed, but I then was legitimately thinking about his "claim" and I actually, really agree with this joke. I couldn't have a better husband for me. Could there be other fantastic husbands out there? Sure. But Ronnie is truly the BEST one out there for me. I feel very blessed to have a hubby that is with me through it all, and loves me, for the crazy, emotional, hormonal, passionate girl I am. I am blessed.

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful that my workouts have been going so well. I certainly haven't felt like running everyday since I got out of the Hole, but that's just what I've done. I've had very minor leg pain and my lungs haven't really held me back one bit. I look forward to pushing it even further and continuing to increase my mileage week upon week.

I'm thankful that my wife gives me just the right amount of push and pull. What's great about Mandi is that she doesn't breathe down my neck about taking care of myself and running/getting to the gym, yet she encourages me in just the right way to the point that I want to push myself further than I did the day before. I don't know that there is a science behind her method of madness, but if there were, I'd bottle it up and sell it.

I'm thankful for the opportunities I get to talk to parents with children with CF. I have a big heart for the CF community, but I have an even bigger heart for the parents in the CF community. I truly believe that behind every empowered CFer out there stands proud parents who empowered him or her. I love getting the chance to talk to the next generation of "empowerment givers" :)

I'm thankful for jelly beans and not any jelly beans, but specifically Brach's Classic Jelly Bird Eggs. They are seriously the best ever and I eat way too many "just one handful"s throughout the day. In fact, I have 5 sitting next to me right now with one in my mouth. My favorite flavor is the pink one. You?

So, what are you thankful for today?