Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Trial Runs & Ice

Know what time it is? It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. as I mentioned, I no longer have the "linky tools" but I invite you to share your thankful blog in the comments section. Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful that our infertility clinic gives away ultrasounds like candy (and they actually give out candy too!!) I am so very thankful that we have an ultrasound today, and I'm so thankful that we are able to frequently able to check up on peanut. The peace of mind that it gives me to see the little heart beat flutter is much needed.

I'm thankful for small group. We have been going to a small group - consisting of couples from our Sunday morning After I Do Sunday school class...made up of people who have been married less than 5 years. I always enjoy our Wednesday small group and leave feeling like I've learned something new to apply in my marriage, and feeling fulfilled after a night of fellowship.

I'm thankful for ice. Our ice maker was on the fritz the last few days. And our handy man (Ronnie) took time time yesterday to figure out the issue and got it fixed. Man, I didn't know how much I loved ice in my drinks before we didn't have it around. A freezing cold glass of water never tasted so good.

I'm thankful that I'm off of Progesterone shots. Not only is my bum starting to feel better, but I have felt slightly less tired since stopping the injections. I find I'm still sleepy at night, but the last two days I haven't been as tired mid-day, and I have been sleeping sounder at night. I am so thankful that I had the medicine to help our baby at the beginning of my pregnancy, and I'm even more thankful that my body has taken over and I'm done with the shots!

Ronnie's List:

I'm very thankful for our gym. A few days ago I hurt my foot running and haven't been able to lace up shoes and pound the pavement since then. Thankfully, our gym provides a ton of different exercise equipment that doesn't pound on my foot. A couple days ago I did the hand cycle and yesterday I did the exercise bike. Not only does it have a variety of exercise equipment, but they're all equipped with TVs which makes time fly by!

I'm thankful for our garden. Last year upon moving into this house the previous owners left us with a flourishing garden which I very quickly killed. I'm now a year older and wiser and looking forward to the opportunity to tend to my crops :) I'm not promising that everything will live, but I do promise to do better than last year!

I'm thankful for trial runs. Yesterday we had the opportunity to take care of my little cousin who is around two years old. Let me just say that if Mandi and I are lucky enough to have a kid half as good as Luke, we would be in heaven. We did some arts and crafts and then I cleaned the kitchen as Mandi and Luke fell asleep to SpongeBob SquarePants. It is just nice to experience having kids around even if it is just a little taste of what our life will be like in a couple of years.

So, what are you thankful for today?