Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Birthdays & Movement

Know what time it is? It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. as I mentioned, I no longer have the "linky tools" but I invite you to share your thankful blog in the comments section. Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for time with family. After our trip to the CF Family Education day in Syracuse, NY, we were able to tack on a quick trip to Connecticut for my Great Aunt's 90th birthday. I was able to spend time with my parents (they flew in from China), Grandpa, Great Aunt, and a slew of family I haven't seen in 14 years - literally. It was so great to spend time with family and I was thrilled that my parents were there.

I'm thankful that yesterday's ultrasound went well. I'm 11 weeks and 2 days pregnant today, and I'm almost through the 1st trimester. I get so nervous before each ultrasound; scared I won't see a heartbeat. But I am so thankful that peanut's heart was beating, s/he was moving all over the place, and all is looking great. I feel so blessed to have gotten pregnant our first IVF cycle, but I feel even more blessed that God has continued the pregnant and kept peanut growing and healthy. I am so thankful for this little being growing in my belly.

I'm thankful for yogurt and frozen blueberries. I used to eat this combo all the time, and I haven't had it in awhile. Well yesterday I had the combo again, and oh my goodness did it taste yummy!! I am definitely having that combo daily. I am so thankful for yummy snacks/food. We are so blessed that we never have to stress about where our next meal is coming from (I can't imagine being pregnant in those circumstances). We are so fortunate to not only have food available to us, but to have yummy food that we eat just being we like the taste.


Ronnie's List:

I'm so thankful for peanut's progress. We just had another ultrasound yesterday and everything looks great. S/he got a little ornery and started kicking Mandi's uterus like crazy and as we say around here, any movement is good movement. We'll post the ultrasound video soon, but if you'd like a sneak peak, check out our Youtube account.

I'm very thankful that I got to spend some time with Mandi's family this past weekend. I was able to be part of her great aunt's 90th birthday party which was truly incredible. Some of her extended family were there also, so it was a joy meeting a bunch of aunts, uncles, cousins, 2nd cousins and so on. The birthday party was in Connecticut so I'm also thankful for the great weather in Phoenix.

I'm thankful that I got to meet some fellow CF community members in Syracuse last week. It's one thing to email and chat online, but it's a whole other thing to actually meet face-to-face. What else was cool was the fact that two of our community members introduced me before I spoke and what they had to say brought me to tears (I didn't actually cry, but I got choked up). They're the exact reason I get out of bed everyday and try to move the ball forward.

So, what are you thankful for today?