Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Peace Offerings & Funky Bugs

Know what time it is? It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. as I mentioned, I no longer have the "linkytools" but I invite you to share your thankful blog in the comments section. Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for "peace offerings". Whenever Ronnie and I get into an argument or bicker, we never allow ourselves to remain angry long. In order to break any lingering tension (generally moreso on my end than his - he's a lot better at letting things go as soon as an argument is over), one of us will offer the other a "peace offering". "What is a peace offering?" You may ask. It's anything you want it to be. Normally it's whatever is within reach; a pen, a pillow, the others cell phone, it doesn't matter. One of us just hands the other a random object and says, "peace offering." It pretty much always makes us both smile and that's the end of it. After a minor spat last night, I was thankful for the quick and easy tension cutter that is the peace offering. How's that for a little scary insight into our relationship? Give it a shot sometime...it works!

I'm thankful for quick recoveries. Ronnie and I came down with a funky stomach bug on Tuesday, leaving me with a super upset stomach and diarrhea (sorry, hope you didn't just eat!) and him with achy joints, an upset stomach and a headache. But luckily when we woke up yesterday morning we were good as new. I am so thankful that our ailment didn't linger!

I'm thankful for new workouts. Ronnie found us a great new lifting plan, and boy oh boy does it make for some sore muscles. Now, I'm sure a few of you read this and are concerned that I'm pumping iron, but have no fear, I've lifting WAY less than usual and just increasing the reps. I'm thankful that we have been able to get into the gym and not only do cardio but lift as well. It always feels good to wake up with sore muscles, as it's the proof of hard work!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for the incredible scene of the sun piercing through the storm clouds that I saw today. I've always been one to appreciate the sunsets, rain storms etc, but I've always really loved that "sky opening up" thing that can happen amongst storm clouds. I remember when I was younger my friends and I would comment that Jesus must be descending from Heaven :)

I'm thankful that I got a crack at the gopher in my garden today. Early this afternoon I walked out into the garden to see that the gopher had been at it again and had now made his way into my tomato plants. Just when I noticed that he had also started a mound of dirt near the strawberries is when I saw his little sneaky head pop out of a hole. I ran to Home Depot yesterday to get some "gopher control" (aka gopher killer) and I enthusiastically grabbed it when I saw the hole he was coming from. The rest is history...I hope.

I'm thankful for phone reminders. If it wasn't for my phone beeping at me in order to get my attention of an event I had scheduled (ie taking out the trash), I don't think I would remember a single one. I have a notoriously bad memory that gets virtually non-existent for the "non-important" stuff. The problem with that is I don't consider much to be important. Good thing I have this Blackberry to keep my life in order.

So, what are you thankful for today?