Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Hole-in-the-Wall

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. as I mentioned, I no longer have the "linkytools" but I invite you to share your thankful blog in the comments section. Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for a hubby who surprises me with the best surprises ever. When I got home from small group on Tuesday night, Ronnie surprised me with a clean house. In just a few hours he dusted, scrubbed, swiffered, mopped, did laundry, you name it. It was incredible. I am so thankful for my hubby.

I'm thankful for family time. As you've read, my parents are in town. I am so thankful they could be here and we could all spend time together. Last night my parents, bro and sis-in-law and Ronnie and I went to dinner and had my dad help with some chores/to dos around the house that we needed some dad knowledge on. It was a blast.

I'm thankful for routine. While I'm thankful for my parents being in town, it has thrown off our routine a bit and I am feeling a bit out of whack and missing our daily and weekly routines. It reminds me why I am so thankful for a steady routine in my life on a regular basis.

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for Eazy-E. No, not the rapper, my father-in-law. There is one thing that Eric and I don't have in common (and believe me, we have more in common than he'd care to admit), he's been around grass his whole life and I have not. One thing that sold us on our house was the big expansive yard that came with it. Only problem was that I had exactly zero experience with a yard. My idea of landscaping was dirt, gravel and cactus. I wanted to learn how to maintain my yard because of how important it is to Mandi, and so far, I have about a C average. In the last couple of days, spots that are usually nice and green in my yard have become brownish and other spots just aren't coming in. Eric took a look, diagnosed the problem, and off to Home Depot we went. We came back with some fertilizer with bug preventer, grass seed and a hand held seed spreader. He also taught me how to "thatch" the grass which is something I only thought existed in movies :) Thanks Eazy, I'm hoping to see a lush lawn in a couple of weeks!!

I'm thankful for hole-in-the-walls. We were looking for a restaurant nearby that none of us had been to for a dinner spot tonight. So I used my trusty o' YELP app and searched out some places nearby with good ratings. We ended up picking a Korean place just north of downtown Chandler. The reviews were good, it was close and we were all feeling Korean food. From the outside, the place was a very typical hole-in-the-wall. Very nondescript, kinda dirty and nothing flashy whatsoever. It was a different story on the inside however - nicely decorated, very clean and best part, not a white person in sight. I know that has nothing to do with the actual look of the restaurant, but I happen to think it's a very good sign when their are nothing but Korean peeps eating at a Korean restaurant. My theory was proved to be right as the food was great and it even was awesome enough to please the oft traveled Eazy-E. Well done "hole-in-the-wall!!

So, what are you thankful for today?