Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Water & The Garbage Man

Know what time it is? It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. as I mentioned, I no longer have the "linkytools" but I invite you to share your thankful blog in the comments section. Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for movement. My little wiggle worm moves ALL over the place these days, and I have to say it's the best part about being pregnant!! I am being kicked and bumped all day long, and sometimes I can even feel peanut do a full flip - makes me feel motion-sick! I love every part of it and I can't get enough. Sometimes I'll just sit and stare at my belly for a solid 10 minutes, just watching all the "pops" on my tummy. I am so thankful for this little life inside of me.

I'm thankful for my garbage man. No my ACTUAL garbage man, I'm talking about my hubby. Ever since we got married and moved in together, Ronnie has taken out the trash and recycling. I couldn't even tell you what day is trash day and what day is recycling! The only way I know it's trash day is that the night before around 10PM I hear Ronnie's phone reminder go off. He does so much around the house, I don't know how ladies do it without a helpful husband. Ronnie definitely gets a GREAT HUSBAND award!

I'm thankful for my maternity support belt. I read about it on a pregnant runner's blog a couple of months ago, and decided to order one, but hadn't used it until today. The last few days I've had some cramping while running and walking - and not uterus cramping, but moreso all around it (my thinking was that it was round ligament pain). So I broke out the belt this morning for my run, and boom, good as new!! My little monkey likes to push as far out on my belly as possible (we're talking strange, lop-sided lumps she's leaning so hard against me), and it made walking and running a little uncomfortable from time to time. This belt helps hold things tight, so if she is using the front of my uterus as a lounger, I at least don't feel it AND the round ligament pain is gone.

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for water. A couple of days ago I wasn't feeling so hot and decided that I needed to step up my water intake. I'm always good a drinking two cups of water, ahem, with coffee in it, but rarely do I have glasses of water throughout the day. I usually have a sports drink or two mixed in with some water here or there. Well, for the past three days I have been going water crazy drinking about 128 ounces of the stuff a day. May be just coincidence or my mind playing tricks on me, but I feel so much better!

I'm thankful for the A/C. First thing you've got to know is that Mandi calls me the A/C nazi. I always say, "If you're cold put on more clothes and if your hot, take them off!". Since my wife has become pregnant I've become a little more relaxed on my A/C policy though. We haven't needed it much until this last week thankfully, but I'll tell you what, it's hot. It's about 84 degrees in our house by 8 in the morning. We're still trying not to run it all of the time, but we have been running it more than last year. I'll admit, it feels pretty nice :)

I'm thankful for weight lifting. Mandi and I have gotten back into our weight lifting routine lately and it feels really good. We've never let up on our cardio, but hitting the old weights got put on the shelf for a couple of months. We've been doing cardio about 5 days a week and lifting at least 3. It was a little rough at first, but it's getting easier and easier as we get into our groove. I'll tell you what, for a 20 week pregnant woman, Mandi is looking buff!!

So, what are you thankful for today?