Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Ingenuity & New Friends

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. as I mentioned, I no longer have the "linkytools" but I invite you to share your thankful blog in the comments section. Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for family time. I've been able to spend nearly two full weeks with my parents in town and it's awesome. Even though we talk frequently (I told to my mom on webcam at least once a day most weeks), it's just not the same as being in person, face to face.

I'm thankful for old acquaintances becoming new friends. I danced with a girl in high school, who I always got along with, but we were never really "friends," just acquaintances. But over the past year, we've started talking, and have built to the point that we text almost every day. She too is pregnant (but with her second) and due only a few weeks after I am. It is so incredible to have such an awesome girlfriend to chat with about pregnancy, and just life in general. Funny how an old acquaintance can sometimes become one of your closest friends!

I'm thankful for peanut. Our little monkey is growing bigger by (what feels like) the second, and man am I thankful for this little life that God continues to bless us with. I am thankful for every kick, flip, punch, shift, you name it. I am so thankful that my baby is willing to entertain her mommy with all of the belly contortions that she is responsible for!

I'm thankful for our exercise routine. The past several months, we have had a great exercise routine going. I run and/or walk 2-4 miles in the morning; we lift weights Monday, Wednesday, Friday; we do some sort of cardio on Monday, Wednesday; we do spin on Tuesday, Thursday; and I do a step class on Friday. And let me tell you, it feels SO good to be active and healthy. This week we've been a little thrown off out routine, and man, I cannot wait to get back into our normal groove next week. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm antsy to get back into the gym and get back into my full cardio routine.

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for walks in the rain. They don't happen that often, but when they do, I thoroughly enjoy them. My most recent walk in the rain was through trees on a path leading to a beautiful waterfall. The sound of the rain hitting the trees was incredibly relaxing and the fact that the "hike" wasn't all up hill was just icing on the cake :)

I'm thankful for boats. I was able to ride on a boat quite a bit during the 4th of July weekend and it was just as I remember. I absolutely love kicking back on a boat that's cruising through the water. The wind that's rushing past you and the sound of that engine is something I don't think I could ever get tired of.

I'm thankful for ingenuity. I'm always amazed at the amount of cool stuff that we have access to on a daily basis. I sit here typing this on a lap top, on a website, that's going to go out all over the world on the internet. That just blows my mind! Thank goodness that most people in the world are smarter than me and come up with this stuff.

So, what are you thankful for today?