Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Lightning & S'mores

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. as I mentioned, I no longer have the "linkytools" but I invite you to share your thankful blog in the comments section. Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for BHG.com. This is Better Homes and Gardens' website and man do I love it. I get nearly all of my recipes from there for unique dinners that we want to cook, and rarely do they disappoint. I am not an amazing chef, so these recipes are perfect. They're "easy", unique and we can usually find a great variety!

I am thankful for spin class. Running is getting harder these days, so I am running only about 3 mornings a week and walking 2 mornings a week (I was running 5). Spin is a perfect add on in the afternoons for a lot extra cardio. It kicks my butt and wipes me out, yet the time just flies by!

I'm thankful for s'mores cereal. We've been eating s'mores cereal (no milk) after dinner as a dessert, and man is it good. It's just sweet enough to ease my sweet tooth, but not over-indulgent enough to make me feel guilty for having it every night.

Ronnie's List:

As I wrote about in yesterday's blog, I'm thankful for random acts of kindness. It's just amazing to me that someone who reads this blog or chats with me on CysticLife would feel the need to go out of their way to put a smile on my face. It always feels so undeserved, yet it encourages me to know that at least one person has been impacted by our story.

I'm thankful for lightning. I've always been fascinated by it and I'm not quite sure why. I still don't know where it comes from or why exactly it happens, but I tell you what, I can stand outside and stare at the stuff for hours. I just find it so beautiful. I was fortunate enough to see a lighting storm earlier today and it was absolutely awesome!

I'm thankful that my wife likes to cook. No, not because I don't, but because it's something we really enjoy doing together. We've been making some really tasty meals lately for dinner that also happen to be great for lunch the next day. The other good thing about two folks who don't mind being in the kitchen - the dishes get done twice as fast!

So, what are you thankful for today?