Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: My Favorite Meals

I haven't done a top ten for quite some time on this blog so I figured that now is as good of a time as any. I'm giving this top ten list for two reasons: one, so you can learn a little bit more about me, and two, because I'm hungry. I'm still doing my reduced calorie thing, so I figured that maybe thinking about my favorite meals would satiate me!

I don't want to put too much thought into this and just write down the first ten that come to mind. I'll give them to you 10 through 1, and you can then assume that I thought of number 10, last.

Vegetable, Beef and Barley Soup: I have to say, I actually make a pretty nice VBB soup from scratch. It's a little too hot right now to whip one up, but as soon as it cools off, it's soup time!

Thanksgiving Meal: I love sliced turkey breast. I love stuffing. I love corn. I love mashed potatoes. I love gravy. I love the Thanksgiving Meal.

Pretty much any slice of pizza: If I'm just ordering one pizza I'll go with a pepperoni with extra sauce (especially from Peter Piper). If I'm ordering two pizzas I'll go with a ham and pineapple. If you twist my arm to order three (you don't have to twist too hard), I'll go with a BBQ chicken.

Grilled Ham and Cheese: I have fond memories of eating grilled ham and cheese with a slice of tomato sent up from the hospital cafeteria. If I make it at home, I will usually combine it with a tomato soup as well.

Blueberry Pancakes for Dinner: I like blueberry pancakes anytime, but there is just something about having them for dinner. The only drawback to this meal is that I have no self-control and I literally won't stop eating until Mandi has gone through all of the batter. I always pay dearly for that.

Hamburger Helper Salisbury: I probably had this once a week growing up and it NEVER got old. Oh my goodness, my mom used to make two boxes of it at a time because she could always count on me consuming one on my own.

Chicken and Rice Casserole: This is one of my mom's specialties. It's pretty simple actually, but it tastes sooooooo good. It's basically chicken breast cut into strips and laid on top of some crazy awesome rice that my mom makes and then baked. I want it.

My mom's Pressure Cooker Stew: Another mom classic. What do you get when you throw beef, potatoes, carrots, celery and cabbage into a pressure cooker? That's right, my mom's pressure cooker stew! Throw some brown gravy on top to make it just right.

Chicken Parmigiana: If I go to an Italian restaurant that I have never been to before, this is what I'll get 10 out of 10 times. I can do it the old fashioned way, on a sandwich, wrap, with pasta, without - it doesn't matter. Put breaded chicken breast with some red sauce and cheese, I'll eat it!

Chicken Fried Steak with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy: If I'm at ANY restaurant and this is on the list, I'm getting it. Doesn't matter if it's 7am or 7pm, I want this in my belly. I don't even need the mash, but I definitely want the gravy.

Now, this doesn't necessarily represent my favorite meals. This just represents the first 10 that came to mind. For instance, I know for a fact that a shredded beef chimichanga with refried beans and rice would be in my top ten. For that matter, so would chili cheese fries. Come to think of it, I surprised that I didn't think of one of my favorite Thai dishes. Ok, now I'm getting really hungry. I'll stop.

So how do we stack up? Anything in common? Have any favorites that I just HAVE TO try? Let me hear them!!