Monday, August 8, 2011

Peanut before Glider?

Yesterday we went to Buy Buy Baby to finally buy our glider for the nursery. I have been putting it off for the last 5 weeks because I was nervous to pull the trigger on one. You see, they don't have all of the gliders available to "test drive" at the store, so you can't necessarily sit and feel the one you order. Also, none of the gliders out on the floor came in a fabric I liked. So that meant I had to order a glider I had never sat in, in a fabric I only saw a little swatch of. And to add insult to injury, once ordered you can't cancel it. It could be the ugliest, most uncomfortable chair in the history of the world, and we are stuck with it. Everything about that made me anxious and not want to pull the trigger! However, yesterday felt like it was a good day to be a risk-taker and buy the glider and ottoman.

So we went to Buy Buy Baby and bought a great looking, upholstered chair and ottoman in a fabric that looks like it will be beautiful (a creamish/tanish color). It's the same glider as in the picture (top right of blog), but it's in a different fabric. Well we got the chair ordered and then were told when we could expect our custom beauty: 10/6/11-11/6/11. As soon as I saw those dates I thought to myself, "What? Are you telling me peanut is SO close that I may finish incubating this little nugget before they can assemble and deliver a chair?!" The thought was thrilling and scary all at the same time. It made me panic a little bit thinking, "shoot, what else haven't I done that if I don't do it now it will be 'too late'?" But more than anything I was just excited. We are due in 12 weeks from tomorrow...which means peanut is considered full-term at any point 9 weeks from now. FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I, obviously, am hoping to be one of those lucky ladies that has her first just glide right out at 37 weeks...however, I am fully aware that I will likely be sitting, twirling my thumbs at 41 weeks wondering if peanut will ever come out.

So here's where I need your help. What are things that I should be doing (or should have done) at or before 28 weeks? This first time mom has no idea what exactly should be done at this point, but all I know is that if a glider can take up to 13 weeks, there must be other things I need to get on the ball and do. So help me out here...what did you have done before 28 weeks? What can I leave for the last minute?