Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Baby Showers & Preggo Classes

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:
I'm thankful for hospital pregnancy classes. Our hospital has classes that they offer for pregnant moms. This week we went to two different classes. Monday was a class all about caring for your new baby and last night we took a breastfeeding class. I am sooo thankful for these types of classes as they help a clueless first-time mom feel a little less clueless.

I'm thankful for my big brother. My big brother turns 27 on Saturday and when his birthday comes each year I always feel so thankful to have such a great big brother and am so thankful that he's another year older. There is not another man like my brother, and I feel so blessed that I got to grow up with him for the last (almost) 25 years. He's a fun, smart, unique, loving guy and I am so blessed to have him in my life. He has always taken such great care of me (even when I didn't think I wanted/needed him to) and for that I am thankful.

I'm thankful for being 36 weeks pregnant. As of Tuesday, we were 36 weeks pregnant. 36 weeks is a bit of a magical number, it's not quite full term (1 week shy) but it's a time when if Peanut came, everything would most likely be a-ok. I am soooo thankful to have made it to 36 weeks, and that it's been a healthy, easy pregnancy! I am so thankful for Peanut and just can't wait to finally see her face at this point.

Ronnie's List:

I'm so thankful for loving and supportive grandparents-to-be! We are both blessed to have parents that are SUPER excited for the arrival of Peanut. This will be the first grandchild for both sets, and I can tell by every word out of their mouth and every action they take, that they are uber pumped to welcome her into this world. I've always felt that I had the best family in the world, it's just really nice to be married to a woman who can say the same about her's :)
I'm thankful to be back into the groove. As many of you know, after a stint in the Hole, it can be difficult to "find your rhythm" again. I mean, it eventually comes back, but sometimes it takes longer than others. Thankfully, the adjustment period didn't last very long this time and I'm already fully engaged in my gym, sleep and treatment schedule.

I'm thankful for "Auntie Showers". Anytime a woman in the family is getting married or having a baby, all of the aunts in the family get together and throw a shower. This weekend, we will have the pleasure of having an "Auntie Baby Shower" and are very excited to have the clan over to the house for a day full of hanging out and gift giving. Well, I guess we'll be gift taking, but I know that's exactly what they want us to be doing :)

So, what are you thankful for today?