Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Teammate & Talent

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:
I'm thankful for talented and generous friends. Karen, the same friend that did our maternity photos, did a newborn photoshoot this AM with Peanut. Man, am I thankful for her talent and her generosity to take photos for us free of charge. I cannot wait to see the final product!

I'm thankful for my parents. They have been in town and real troopers. My mom has been doing laundry, cooking meals, cleaning the house, you name it. I can't thank them enough for handling all the chores around here.

I'm thankful for a husband who loves and encourages me. For a type-A gal like myself, it can be hard to take on a new role and feel like I haven't mastered it yet. I think mommyhood in general will teach me that I can't expect to be perfect in this role, but the last 10 days has really taught me that! Luckily, I have a husband who tells me constantly that I'm a great mom and doing a good job. Makes me less nervous about my imperfections in this journey!


Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for a good teammate. Mandi and I are new at this parenting thing, but so far, so good. It took us about 3 days to figure out a routine that works well for the both of us, but we feel like we are now getting in the groove. I think it's safe to say that both Mandi and I pray that rearing a child will always be this easy :)

I'm so thankful for talented friends. We had friends take our engagement, wedding, maternity and now today, newborn photos. We enjoy working with friends because we're not afraid to tell them what we like (most already know, I mean, they are our friends!) and their friend discounts are pretty sweet! Be on the look-out for some awesome newborn photos around these parts!
I'm thankful for cooler weather. Don't get me wrong, I love warm weather and sun all day every day, but I will admit, it's nice when it's a bit "nippy" out. We've been taking morning walks with Mckenna and they definitely feel better for all of us when there is a little chill in the air. On that note, I can't get over how cute Mckenna looks when she's all bundled up :)

And as a bonus, I'm thankful for the first exhibition game with my beloved Arizona Wildcats tonight. I can't wait to dress Mckenna up in her U of A gear and watch the game together. Bear Down!!

So, what are you thankful for today?