Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Play Dates & Goofy Face

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful that Peanut is starting to sleep well at night! We get one 5-6.5 hour stretch and a couple 2-3 hour stretches. That makes for one happy momma in the morning!

I'm thankful for a good 6 week postpartum check up and being 100% cleared to workout. I was able to get into the gym today and lift for the first time in 6 weeks and it felt awesome. And on Monday I did a 5 mile run.

I'm thankful for "play dates". I've been meeting weekly for coffee with a friend with a 3 month old, and we're going to start meeting weekly to walk the zoo (fun sights for the kids, exercise for mom). Also, we have a next door neighbor that just had a baby Sunday night and we're already planning all the fun walks and pop-bys we can have. Gotta love mommy and baby time with friends. It'll be great as the kids get older and can actually play together!

Ronnie's List:

I'm so thankful that my Dad and Denise were able to come out for the Thanksgiving holiday. It was nice to have them stay at our house as it gave us the opportunity to spend a ton of quality time together and actually use parts of our house that rarely get stepped in to! Denise was a cleaning rock star and my Dad and I were able to knock out some projects around the house (more on that to come).

I'm so thankful for my goofy looking face. For the past week or so, I've been able to get Mckenna to smile or laugh at me on command. She has one of those wide mouthed smiles that is absolutely adorable, so I'm trying to elicit one from her every chance that I get! 

I'm thankful for beautiful weather. For the past couple of weeks, we've had highs in the low to mid-70's and not a cloud in the sky. I love being able to open up all of the doors and windows in the house and just enjoy the "freshness" breezing in. Of course today, as I write this, it's raining :)

So, what are you thankful for today?