Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Zoos & Home Depot

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:


I'm thankful for holidays. My parents just got back into town for Christmas so we get to spend time with them, the house is decorated for Christmas, I eat at least 5 mini candy canes a day, Starbucks has a special Carmel Brulee latte, and everyone is especially nice and filled with holiday cheer. I LOVE everything about the Christmas season :-)

I'm thankful for my sweet baby girl. I love her so much. Her every smile, coo, squeal, you name it, make me smile. She is such a doll - so sweet, happy, silly, and smiley. It's amazing to watch her grow. Each day I love her more and sometimes find myself just staring at her (generally while feeding her) and wondering how we got so blessed and why God chose us to be the parents to this little peanut. This may be weird, but sometimes I just want to squeeze her...but I refrain.

I'm thankful for girlfriends...and girlfriends with babies Mckenna's age. Yesterday we went to the zoo with my friend Angie, who has a little girl, Harlow, that is 4 months old. We bought a year membership, so we are going to start having our weekly get togethers there, so we can get a little fresh air and exercise while we chat. Angie and I get together weekly with the girls to hang out and swap baby stories (every notice once you have a baby you find it hard to find other things to talk about?!) I can't wait for Mckenna and Harlow to get a little older so they can start actually playing together instead of just looking at each other.

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for the Phoenix zoo. I've been living in Phoenix for almost 7 years now yet I had never been to the zoo until yesterday. I'm no zoo connoisseur, but I'd have to give the zoo high marks for it's walkability. A few of the animals were pretty cool to see, like the mountain lion, giraffe and baboon, but I mostly enjoyed the nice relaxing walk around the grounds.

I'm thankful to have a Home Depot so close to the house. It's so nice to be able to hop in the truck and be to HD in a matter of minutes. I'm not the most handy guy in the world, but having that place so close definitely serves as a security blanket during projects. If I don't know exactly what to do, which is generally the case, I can usually find someone at HD who does!

I'm thankful for bath time with Mckenna. One thing that I look forward to everyday is bath time with my little girl. Mckenna totally relaxes during the bath and is usually in the mood to interact and smile at her daddy. It's definitely a time with her that I greatly cherish. 

So, what are you thankful for today?