Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Why I Don't Like the Rain.

I think I finally discovered my kryptonite - Rain. Don't get me wrong, once in a while it's an okay thing, but generally speaking, I could do without it. Here the top 10 things that I don't like about the rain:

10.  Watering schedule. Whenever it rains like it did today I have to worry about the setting or altering the current watering schedule for my yard. Big deal? No, but it's still a nuisance.

9. Shoes. I guess I have to wear shoes when it rains but I'd much rather have dry feet than wet. The only problem with this is that I would much rather rock my sandals.

8. Blue skies. One of the reasons I love living in Arizona is that I can count on blue skies almost every single day of the year. When it rains, I'm stuck staring at a gray sky all day.

7. Sleep. I've never been one to take a nap, but when it's raining all day I suddenly have the urge to. It's tough to get going and get things done when you're yawning and feeling like you need to lay down for a while.

6. Lethargic. Not only do I feel like I need to take a nap, but every action I take feels 10 times lower than the same action that I took the day before. It's almost like I'm covered of molasses... including my brain.

5. Gym. Because of the previous 2 reasons I just stated, you could see how the rain messes with my gym time. Without Mandi calling me out yesterday, I'm not so sure I would've made it. I'm of course glad that I went, but it was tough.

4. Joints. As I'm sure is the case with many of you, my joints start to really ache when it rains. I'd say it's the worst in my ankles and knees, but the pin in my wrist doesn't feel that great either.

3. Jezzabel. Whenever it rains my sweet little dog turns into a scared little puppy. She's attached on our hip, which I really don't mind all that much, until she has to go to the bathroom.

2. Messy. Everything just seems to get a little more dirty or messy when it rains. Whether it's our clothes or the floors to our house, everything just seems to get a little dirtier.

1.  Circadian rhythms. I'm a big believer in circadian rhythms and there's no doubt that the rain throws mine for a loop. I've touched on some of the ways that rain affects me, but I just the best way to sum it up would be to say that it just makes me feel “off”.

Now I'm guessing that most of you out there probably like the rain. For the sake of this blog I of course lived it up a little in terms of stating all of the reasons I don't like the rain, and although I can name plenty of reasons that I like the rain, I still think this list would outnumber it.

So my question for you is: Do you like when it rains? Why or why not?