Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Sick Baby & Dog Sitter

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:


I'm thankful for my coworkers/job. I may have one of the most accommodating and fun jobs in the world: the Pediatric Pulmonary Center at the University of Arizona. I work with a set of fabulous people, and to top it off, they're all about family first. Yesterday I was down at the office (I generally work from home) for meetings, but Ronnie had a call that he had to take while I was at the office. This meant someone needed to watch Mckenna, and that someone was me. They were totally fine with me having her in the office with me for a bit...what a blessing. What's even better, they're cool with her in the office more frequently while Ronnie's in the hospital. I was so stressed about jobs, etc and man the Lord sure provided the best job ever with the BEST coworkers!

I'm thankful for a happy, sick baby. Mckenna has a bit of a cold, but you'd never know it if she didn't breathe like a gremlin, cough and have a slight temperature. She's still happy as a clam.

I'm thankful for date nights. No we didn't get crazy and go for a night out on the town, but the other night after Mckenna went to bed, we went and snuggled up outside on our patio, turned the heater on, and enjoyed each other's company. That's date night enough for me :)


Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for various ways of coffee making. As many of you know, I'm a coffee addict. I always have a cup or three when I first wake up, and I always have a cup before I go to bed. Recently, our coffee machine busted, so I've had to come up with other ways to get my fix. One way that I have done this is with a stove top espresso maker. It's super old-school and I love it. It makes great espresso and I've been cranking out vanilla lattes left and right!

I'm thankful for a willing dog sitter. Anytime Mandi and I go out of town, or I'm in the Hole, my mom always steps up and takes Jezzabel into her home. Now, I must point out that she loves her as much as I do and often refers to JBell as her first granddaughter, but still, it's something she doesn't have to do, but does. It's so awesome to know that we always have a safe place for my four-legged friend.

I'm thankful the baby carrier thingamajig. We also call it the magical sleep machine as Mckenna always enters wide-eyed and leaves, or stays, sawing logs. It really comes in handy when I'm on Mr. Mom duty cause it frees up my hands to still get some work or things around the house done. It's also perfect for our many walks throughout the day!


So, what are you thankful for today?