Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Webcams & Generosity

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:


I'm thankful for giggles. As I think we've mentioned, Mckenna is a SUPER smiley baby. But what she isn't is a giggly baby...at least she isn't yet. She'll smile and throw her head back with her mouth open, as if she's going to laugh, but no sound actually comes out. However, that all changed yesterday. We actually got a couple goo laughs out of her, and oh my goodness, that may be my favorite sound in the whole wide world!!

I'm thankful for webcams. We are so blessed that there is the technology available where people far away can see us and we can see them. I webcam with my mom and dad pretty much daily, and this week we webcammed with Ronnie's mom, dad and stepmom. What a blessing it is to get to see their faces and have them get to watch Mckenna grow.

I'm thankful for heat. It doesn't get all that cold in Arizona in the winter, but it does get pretty chilly at night (in the 30s). And even though it's not super frigid outside, I'm still huddled under a blanket with the heat on. I LOVE being toasty warm, and thanks to heat, I can be if I want to be :)


Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for my little girl still being a little girl yet sometimes acting like a big girl. Follow that? It absolutely warms my heart to see Mckenna stand with her little legs and support her own weight. Or follow me with her eyes as I walk through the room. Or get excited when she "rolls over". Or giggle. I'm seeing more and more of a little girl inside that baby of mine.

I'm thankful for the generosity of others. Whether it be a contribution of time, money, support or prayer - I'm thankful for those who God has placed in our lives. We working on a pretty sweet project right now with CysticLife, and it's been awesome to watch it gain some major momentum because of the generosity of others. Stay tuned.

I'm thankful for Skype. I finally got my mom to download Skype in order to see Mckenna up close and personal when we haven't had a chance to get down to Tucson for a while. Because Mckenna seems to change daily, it's a very nice way to keep my mom on the up and up. My dad has been all over Skype since the beginning; I'm just glad I got my mom to come around :)

So, what are you thankful for today?