Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Skills & Support

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:


I'm thankful for new skills. Mckenna has mastered the art of rolling front to back and I love it. She is always so proud after rolling and it cracks me up! I'm thankful for the new entertainment for both of us.

I'm thankful for a proactive hubby. I am so blessed that Ronnie takes such great care of himself and does so many treatments, exercises, and goes in for tune-ups willingly. I know it may get to be a lot sometimes but I know he goes in for us and for that I am thankful.

I'm thankful for iPhones. Yes, I did just say that. We got new phones last week and they have FaceTime. I LOVE being able to webcam anywhere with Internet!   Way cool!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for the hospital. I'm thankful that coming to the hospital and getting good care is even an option. There are many places in the world where people suffer because of inadequate or non-existent healthcare. So happy to live in a place that it's an option to be hospitalized.

I'm thankful for a supportive wife. This is my first hospital stay as a daddy and there's no doubt that this will be the toughest one yet for Mandi. She has to be a "single mom" when I'm in here and while there's no doubt in my mind that she'll do the best ever, it's still not something that I like putting her through. She's never wavered in her support of me being in the Hole as she feels that I need to be in here as much as I do.

I'm thankful for technology. Even though we're separated by 100 miles, it can still feel like we're next to each other at times. Between iChat, Facetime and Skype Mandi and Mckenna never feel too far away.

So, what are you thankful for today?