Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Colder Nights & Partnerships



**Workout Challenge - Knee and foot were bothering me a bit today so I only did an 11 minute run. However, I also went on two 15 minute walks. Get out and enjoy some fresh air today!!
---------------
It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:



I'm thankful for soy milk. I have cut out cow's milk since Mckenna was about 1 month old (it didn't quite agree with her). I never realized how much had cow's milk until I cut it out. I don't so much milk (as it really keeps my eating in check..you can't pig out too much when avoiding cheese, ice cream, etc...although I've managed ha!) but I would be sad if there wasn't an alternative for my coffee. You see, I can't drink coffee black (probably because I don't drink coffee for the coffee flavor but for all the caffeine and yummy extra flavors you can add with syrups and such). So I now drink my coffee with vanilla soy milk and MM MM MMM I like it even better.

I'm thankful for partnerships. We are in the process of working on a HUGE project at CysticLife (more on that soon, I promise). I mean we're talking HUGE. And we've partnered with two other non profits to make it happen. It's been over a year in the making and I can honestly say no one organization could have done it alone. We all bring unique perspectives, resources and skill sets to the table. It's been a great partnership. I can't wait to announce what we have in store...stay tuned because it will be in the next few weeks!!!

I'm thankful for a close gym. Last night I was able to sneak away to the gym by myself, while Ronnie hung out with Mckenna. It was nice to get out of the house for a little "me" time and not spend the whole time driving. Having the gym close meant I was only gone for 45 minutes and could spend 30 of it working out.!!


Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful colder nights. It's been a little colder for the past few nights around here, and it has given me the perfect opportunity to open up an outside door to our bedroom at night to let in some cold air. There aren't many nights in Arizona that you get to use a big ol' comforter, so I make sure to take advantage of any opportunity that I get.

I'm thankful for a growing baby. Mckenna gets just a little bit older each day, and I love it! Maybe I'll miss her being a baby when she is no longer a baby, but as it stands right now, I can't wait until she grows up. Mark my words - my life will be perfect when both Mandi and Mckenna come up to snuggle me on the couch.

I'm thankful for quite time. I've been taking a little bit of time out each day to sit outside and do the workbook to our Bible study. It's been a little windy lately, and the sound provided by the rustling trees is a perfect backdrop to mediate on what I'm learning through the study.


So, what are you thankful for today?