Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Lullabys & Cereal Time

**At-home workout challenge:
30 minute brisk walk. Need more of a challenge? Every 5 minutes, a 30 second sprint!
_________


It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:



I'm thankful for easy bedtimes. Mckenna may not be the best baby in the middle of the night, but going down for the night, she's a doll. She takes a bath, gets on her PJs, nurses, gets swaddled, I stand next to her crib while holding her and sing a lullaby (which she smiles at me...which melts my heart every night), say "night night," lay her down and leave the room. That's it. She goes to sleep. No battles to rock her to sleep. No having her fall asleep in our arms, laying her down and having her wake back up over and over. It makes bedtime such an easy, stress free process. Plus I love watching her on the camera we have in her room, as she gets herself all wiggled and positioned and then, boom, she's out.

I'm thankful for my hubby and his ability to hear what I mean, not what I say. I talk...A LOT...and Ronnie would tell you "A LOT" is an understatement. When someone talks a lot, there are often times they say things that may sound strange. For example, I started a conversation today with, "I saw someone say they were "happily married," I'd never think to describe myself as "happily married." What I didn't mean was that I wasn't happily married. What I meant was that I would never think to use that phrase, and what I picture as "happily married" is what I pictured marriage as a kid...you know, rainbows and unicorns, candle lit dinners every night and roses at least twice a day. Knowing that I'm probably the happiest wife on earth, I know that happily married describes me, but it's just a phrase I never think of and picture something different when I hear it. Anyway, a different man may take offense and think "my wife is unhappy." My man knows I am just talking, to smile and nod, and that the last sentence I say is generally what I meant to say...after talking in circles and re-explaining what I meant in 500 times...so just listen for that sentence. 

I'm thankful for cereal time. Every night before bed, Ronnie and I chow down on a little dry cereal and watch TV together. It is my favorite part of the day. It is our time, just us, to enjoy each other. I LOVE IT. 

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for lullaby songs. We've been trying to get into a really good routine when putting Mckenna down and one of the things we do is sing her a lullaby. Two things that I love about it: one, Mandi's mom sang the same lullaby to her, and two, Mckenna gets a big gummy smile pretty much every time :)

I'm thankful for iPhone apps. What a great way to kill some time! There are times throughout my day when it's nice to take a 2-5 minute brain break. When that break is needed, I usually turn to something mindless - in walks iPhone apps. If you haven't played Temple Run yet, you have to check it out!!

I'm thankful for frozen treats. Now you'd usually think I was talking sweets, but I'm not in this case. I did a little clean-out of our freezer the other day and found some frozen chicken pot pie mix that Mandi's mom made us. We thawed it out and have now had it for dinner the last couple of nights. Deeeelish!!

So, what are you thankful for today?