Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Snuggles & Sprouts


**Workout challenge: I decided to switch things up a bit and just focus on arms. I challenged myself with more weight and did 3 sets of 15 for the following: Barbell Curls, Hammer Curls, Rope Curls, Machine Curls, Forearm Curls, Triangle Tricep Extension, Overhead Tricep Extension, Rope Tricep Extension, Close-grip Chest Press. Also if you have time, get in a 30 minute walk!
You certainly don't have to attempt to complete that entire workout, but I would encourage you to do something active today for 30 minutes!!
________________________

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for snuggles....even if they're in the night. Mckenna is back at it. She's up every few hours in the night to eat. Who knows why! She's been sick, so maybe that's contributing. She's not eating much during the say, so maybe that's contributing. She's a baby, so maybe that's contributing? Ha! But I have decided to change my frustration for thankfulness. She won't want me in the night for very long. One day, she'll sleep through the night and not look for her momma to snuggle her and nourish her. And while that day will mean more sleep, I'm sure I'll look back in 10 years and think, "aw she was so sweet and snuggly in the night as we drowsily nursed together. I miss that." So I'm just going to embrace it. She'll only fit in my arms for so long.

I'm thankful for coffee. I think after my first paragraph, my love for coffee needs no explanation! I look forward to my dose of caffeine in the morning after a long night with my hungry monster. 

I'm thankful for new developments. Mckenna is sitting up all on her own. She started doing this while Ronnie was in the hospital. But now she doesn't even need to use her hands (like a tripod). She will play with toys while sitting. She'll reach for things and alternate hands grabbing them. It is so fun to see her sitting like a big girl! I can't believe she's already 5 months (and 5 days) old!

Ronnie's List:

I'm so thankful for clear blue skies. We had one day of overcast and rain here this week and it just made me appreciate our clear blue skies even more. Yeah, I don't mind the rain once in a while and even cloudy days are cool once in a blue moon, BUT my body definitely doesn't dig it. I can tell before I get out of bed whether or not it's rainy or cloudy. I feel it in my bones as they say and it's so much tougher to get going. There's no doubt that Arizona is the place to be for me!!

I'm thankful for the first little sprouts of the spring season. As I said last week, we got the garden planted and are now just awaiting the arrival of all of the fresh goodness. I'm happy to report that just yesterday we saw our first sprouts of the season. The winner? Our carrots! The green leaves are barely poking through the soil, but it was such a thrill to go out there and see progress.

I’m thankful for a sleeping baby. It's not that I don't think that Mckenna is the cutest thing in the world when she's awake, but I seriously just want to eat her up when she's asleep. She looks SO peaceful and beautiful. I often catch myself marveling at what God has provided when I watch her rocking back and forth in her swing while her little chest moves up and down with each breath.

So, what are you thankful for today?