Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Kidzone & Clouds


It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for childcare at the gym. Ronnie and I are able to take Mckenna to the Kidzone and spend some time together pumping iron. I am so thankful that we can spend some time just the two of us, doing what we love to do together, while Mckenna plays happily with her "friends" at the gym.

I'm thankful for family close by. Monday night Ronnie, Mckenna and I popped by Josh and Chrissy's (my bro and sis-in-law) and then we all went for a walk, and Tuesday night Ronnie's bro, Andrew came by for dinner. I really love having family close by, so we can hang out a lot!!

I'm thankful for middle of the night snuggles. Mckenna is a ball of energy. She is always on the go. She rarely will just lay back and let you snuggle her. One of the only times she just lays, totally melted into my arms is during her middle of the night feeding. While getting up to feed her in the night may initially seem awful, the thought of weaning the last remaining night feed makes me really sad. I don't want to give up those snuggles just yet!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for cloudy days...and I cannot believe that just came out of my mouth. So, I'm an Arizona guy born and raised, and so with that, I'm a total sun in the sky without a cloud in sight kind of a guy. But, when it starts to heat up so much, so early in the year, I'm actually thankful for the occasional cloudy day. Cloudy days not only give my garden a little break, but they also give Mandi, Mckenna and I the opportunity to take our walk at any time during the day!

I'm thankful moisture meters. I'm no green thumb. This is my third year gardening, and although I have learned quite a bit, I still have a LONG way to go. Something I read from other gardeners is that they "know their plants". Like I said, I don't think I've been in the game for a long enough time to get the vibe from my plants yet. I mean yeah, I can tell if they're severely under-watered, but I think pretty much anybody walking the streets could too. That's where my handy-dandy moisture meter comes in. I simply stick in it the ground by the root of the plant, and it tells me whether or not I need to be watering. Anything that takes some thought out of gardening is good in my book!!

I'm thankful for daytime workouts. Because of great childcare offered at our gym, Mandi and I have been able to take a break from our workday the last couple of days and hit up the gym. I love working out with my wife and I love getting my workout done and over with. Day workouts are definitely a win all-around in the Sharpe household!!

So, what are you thankful for today?