Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Hubby & Helping Hands


It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for a wonderful hubby that is also a phenomenal father. Ronnie has more patience in his little finger than I have in my whole body. Mckenna has been quite the handful since getting home and being jet lagged and Ronnie, the baby whisperer, has been all over it. So sexy to see a man be a daddy!

I'm thankful for a wonderful hubby who is also a great cook. Ronnie has made us dinners since we got home. He makes the best meals, throwing random spices together, that are delish!

I'm thankful for a wonderful hubby who is also a comedian. Life is just funnier with Ronnie around. Period.

Obviously this week I'm thankful for my husband!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for for our successful trip and time with family. It was quite the adventure flying half-way around the world with a 7 month old in tow, but it was also one of the best trips ever. We saw stuff that is generally reserved for dreams and postcards, and got to experience two great cultures while we were at it. Mckenna was an absolute all-star the entire trip and exceeded our expectations big time.

I'm thankful for helping hands. My brothers looked after the house and garden while we were gone and I'm happy to report that nothing died and the house is still standing. It's always nice to have trusted family or friends to turn the keys of the fort over to. Definitely eases the mind while away.

I'm thankful for the chicken we just had for dinner. I marinated chicken breast for about 24 hours in soy sauce, garlic cloves and yellow mustard, and I must say, it turned out great!! We cooked it in tin foil to keep in all of the juices and the flavor absolutely exploded in my mouth with every bite. We also harvested squash from the garden which I over-cooked and over-seasoned. Whoops.

So, what are you thankful for today?