Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Two Year Anniversary


To my beautiful wife - Happy anniversary! Two years huh? I know we talked about this earlier, but seriously, where has the time gone? Thank you for being you and for loving me unconditionally. Thank you for carrying the love of our lives in your belly for 9 months. Thank you for taking every single shot that you had to take to get us there. Thank you for having the confidence in me to not only be the man of your dreams, but the man of your reality. I love you so much and I can't wait to add on to this "cotton" day!

I hope the vows that I said to you on our wedding day are backed up by my actions every single hour that we share together...

My vow to you - May 22nd, 2010:

Mandi, I know that you have been dreaming of your wedding day since you were a little girl. And although I can’t claim that I ever dreamed about this day as a little boy, I now know that it was you I was dreaming of when I became a man. I could stand here and tell you all of the reasons that I love you, but we’d miss our honeymoon.

I just want you to know that you’re my inspiration. You have given me a zest for life that I’ve never felt before. Your smile, love, laughter, winks, hugs, kisses, drive, trust, spark, words, glances, encouragement and your support, fuel me each day and give me the energy to be who I am. Before you, I didn’t quite know what my purpose was. I now know that it was to be your best friend and your husband. No matter what lies ahead for us I will see it as a journey; one that can only be completed by the two of us together, with God by our side.

I promise to you today before God, our family and friends to love you unconditionally. I believe that God has been preparing us for this moment and for our future together since the day we were born. Before this world was even created, I believe that God chose you as a perfect compliment to me.

Through the good and bad, I want you to always know that I will be by your side. I promise that you will never again face life alone.

I promise to dance with you in the sunlight and prepare us for the storms. When the storms do come, I promise to hold you and to protect you. I promise to never keep tallies of wrongs, instead give you praise for all that you do which is right. I promise to never let the sun go down on our anger, and to treat each morning as a new day to love you. Our love may be like the ebb and tide of the ocean, but it will always flow.

In times of want, I will do all that I can to make our love rich. And in times of plenty, I will never let our love grow poor. In sickness, I will nurse you back to health. In health, I will do everything I can to watch you fulfill your dreams. In sadness, I will give you a shoulder to cry on. In happiness, I will be there to create memories with you.

When you need someone to encourage you, I want it to be me. When you need a helping hand, I want it to be mine. When you long for someone to smile at, look to me. When you want to tell a story, turn to me. When you feel weak, take my strength.

When my strength isn’t enough, I promise that I will call out to our Lord in Heaven. I promise to lead by example in our relationship with Christ and remain faithful to Him all of our days. I promise to lead us in a life of worship and to always put the Will of the Father before our own.

I will not forsake you or these vows that we have made, but rather strive to show you my love for the rest of our lives. This is my promise to you: From this moment, everything I am and everything I have is yours and for eternity my love for you will remain.