Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday: New Things & Morning Ritual


It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for a baby with personality. Mckenna is such a little bundle of personality already. From waving at every person in public places, to making noises that make us laugh, to dancing any time music (or anything that sounds like music) is on. I love it.

I'm thankful for family time. My parents were in town for a month and have now left. I loved getting to spend time with them, and getting to watch them with Mckenna. I have two of the most incredible parents in the world. They are both so fun, funny, loving, and awesome!! I can't wait til they move back for good one day!!

I'm thankful for my hubby and his willingness to try new things. Ronnie was willing to try some new classes at the gym and we've had SO much fun. Plus, class is much more awesome when I get to look over at my sexy hubby with his muscles flexing and working hard! Hehe :)


Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for our morning ritual. When Mckenna first wakes up in the morning, around 6am, Mandi is the one to tend to her as we are still breastfeeding. After Mckenna is down however, Mandi reports that Mckenna starts saying "da da da da" and looking around for me. After awhile, Mandi brings Mckenna into our room and we have a little family snuggle time while Mck plays with my oxygen tubing. It's awesome!!

I'm thankful for Yelp. If you don't know what Yelp is, check it out at Yelp.com, but it's basically a good way to find peer-reviewed restaurants, stores, dentists, etc. I use Yelp almost anytime I'm picking a place to eat; I've found our "bug guy" through the site; I found our dentist through Yelp. It's very rare that the Yelp community leads you astray.

I'm thankful for Thankful Thursdays. It's very rare that I just slow down and ponder something. But every time we write about what we're thankful for, it gives me the opportunity to just take a deep breath, reflect and be still. Nice little 10 minute break :)

So, what are you thankful for today?