Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thankful Thursday: PFTs and Progress


It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for girlfriends. I have a great girlfriend who has a daughter just 2.5 months older than Mckenna. It is so nice to get together with my friend and her daughter, both for me and Mckenna. Angie and I love to chat and hang out, and the girls LOVE playing! They are so cute together.

I'm thankful for a passionate husband. Ronnie gets into this and dives right in. Currently he is super into a book about nutrition and exercise and I LOVE watching him get so excited about things.

I'm thankful for good PFTS. Ronnie's is a rockstar and had his PFTs go WAY up over the first week he was in. They NEVER go up after the first week, but this time they did and I'm so thankful. I pray Ronnie will be out and home with us soon, and good PFTs are the first step!

Ronnie's List:


I'm thankful for faster than normal progress while here in the Hole. As I've mentioned before it usually takes about 5 or 6 days for me to feel “normal” as it relates to body achiness and an overall blah feeling, but this time has been kind to me and for that I am grateful. It seems that the quicker I can get through that feeling the faster I improve overall.

I'm thankful for technology that allows me to communicate so easily with my family. It's of course tough being away from my wife and daughter but the computer and iPhone sure make the distance feel smaller. I get about 5 videos a day from Mandi of all of the cute things Mckenna is doing plus iChat and FaceTime are a very common occurrence from my hospital room. 

I'm thankful for my family living in Tucson. It also makes it a little bit easier to be away from Mandi and Mckenna when I have my mom, stepdad and brother visiting often. They are always willing to bring me food and just hang out to help pass the time. I can assure you I would go a little more stir crazy without them around.

So, what are you thankful for today?