Monday, October 8, 2012

Words, Walking, and Party Planning

It's been awhile since I've updated, but since I'm becoming quite the big girl lately, I figured I should write and tell you about my life these days.

First things first, HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNCLE JOSH!!!!

Ok, onto the updates. I'm now trying to get around on just my feet, instead of my hands and knees. My mom and dad call this walking? I dunno what it's called, it's just what I see everyone else doing, so I'm giving it a whirl. It seems to be a good change. I think once I get the hang of it, I'll be able to get around faster. Right now it's slower because I fall on my tush pretty often. So it's up, walk, fall, up, walk, fall. It's a bit exhausting so I finally decide to just crawl until I reach my destination. But I don't want to give up because it's pretty cool doing what everyone else does. Mommy and daddy let me walk around stores and outside and everything. I hold their finger and they walk around with me. They usually only hold my left hand because for some reason I just walk in circles if they hold my right hand. It's kind of weird but I can't help it. Also, shoes are my kryptonite. My legs and feet don't work the same with shoes on. I fall flat on my face because I can't get my walking down in those dumb things. So for now mom and dad let me walk barefoot around most places. My feet get dirty, but they don't care. They are constantly trying shoes, so I will get it soon, but just not yet.

I have learned a few key words. There are two that I use all the time because they help me talk to my mom and dad. First is "that". I point and say "that" to things I want, things I want to have mommy and daddy say what it is, and sometimes just to say it. I say "that" a lot. Like a lot, a lot. Like all day long. Sometimes it seems like my parents get a little bored with the game I like to play...(point), "that," "that's a chair."....(point), "that," "that's a chair."...(point), "that," "that's a chair."...You get it. The other word I say non stop, all day long is, "up". It's so cool. I can stand at someone's feet and say, "Up," and they know I want to be picked up. It only works about 50% of the time though. Sometimes they pick me up. Sometimes they say, "One minute, my hands are full" or "you need to play right now, mommy and daddy are busy." I sometimes throw a fit when they won't hold me. I whine and throw my body around...but it doesn't work. Oh well, I'll keep trying and see if it'll start making them listen to me more, but usually fits just make them not pay any attention to me...which is no fun.

I also have learned how to use my hands a bit to tell them things. Mommy hasn't taught me sign language, but I make up my own sometimes. I put my hands up, shrug my shoulders (to show I'm asking a question), and say, "duba da?" when I want more while I'm eating. "duba da" means "can I have some?" And then they give me more food AND they tell me I'm cute. I like it.

Last update, I'm throwing a party. Yup, my very first party. It's called a first birthday party. I sent out an invite yesterday to friends and family. What you do is you pick a date, you make an invitation online, and you email it. Then I'll help mom decorate and clean and bake, and we will have a first birthday party. I think to help I'll probably just say, "up" a lot at my mommy's feet, point at all the stuff that's out and say, "that" over and over again, and then maybe throw a fit or two. Oh, and maybe play with the Swiffer to help clean because I love that thing. We are going to have TONS of sweets and it will be a lot of fun. I already tried on my dress for the party that my Auntie Kirra sent me. And Nana and Papi already sent some presents. I think I'm going to like my first birthday party!