Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Thanksgiving & Thankfulness

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for Thanksgiving food. Just thinking about all the things that I get to eat today makes me mouth water. I cannot wait to stuff my belly full of holiday goodness!!

I'm thankful for family. I'm am so blessed to have such a wonderful family! I am excited for the family I get to see today, and excited for the holiday season with my parents back in AZ!!

I'm thankful for being thankful. I'm thankful that Ronnie and I take time every week to assess what we're thankful for. Some people do it the whole month of November, but why not all year round? I'm thankful we stop and smell the roses and count our blessings 12 months a year...it makes like sweeter!

Ronnie's List:


I'm thankful for a nice winter lawn. It's been a while since we've had a backyard full of grass (long story). Today was the day that the lawn was able to be cut for the first time since over-seeding (a couple of times) and I must say, it looks beautiful! I don't think it could get anymore green and it looks and feels super lush. Now if only we could have as much success with our summer lawn!

I'm thankful for ground turkey. Before I started making healthier food choices, I never really gave ground turkey a thought. Now, I eat it almost every day. Wether it's a turkey taco, a turkey burger or a turkey frittata  - I love me some turkey. If you've never tried a turkey taco, give it a whirl! Just add some taco seasoning and cut up onions and green chilies while the meat is cooking. Put the cooked meat on a whole wheat/grain tortilla, top with salsa, and chow down!!!

I'm thankful for Thanksgiving!! I'm pretty much thankful for any day that I get to hang out with family, and Thanksgiving Day is certainly no exception. There will be about 35-40 of us inhaling turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy and corn...and I'm sure about 10 desserts. 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!

So, what are you thankful for today?