Monday, November 26, 2012

'Tis the Season

I love this time of year. We are finally in the mist of the holidays. For me, the holiday season starts on Thanksgiving day, and I LOVE the feeling of the holidays.

For Thanksgiving we went down to Ronnie's mom's house, and enjoyed Thanksgiving with his entire extended family. There were all the traditional dishes: turkey, potatoes, stuffing, casseroles (my whole reason for eating on turkey day is casseroles), and every dessert you can think of...YUMMY! As always (and as we should) we totally over-indulged. I felt sick by the time we got in the car to head home...but it was so worth it. The best and worse part about Thanksgiving at someone else's house is that you don't have leftovers to eat the next day. You miss out on another day of deliciousness, but you also avoid the calories.

Starting the day after Thanksgiving I think it can be "Christmas time". So we did all of our Christmas decorations (lights, tree, home decor, etc) Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We blasted Christmas music and really got into the spirit. I LOVE when the house is all decorated for Christmas. It gives the whole house of feeling of excitement and warmth. I'm so happy Thanksgiving was a early this year so I could enjoy the decor an extra week!

We also did a little shopping this weekend. We aren't Black Friday shoppers. I love a good deal, but I hate chaos. I hate the feeling of being frenzied. And therefore the craziness of Black Friday isn't for me. That being said, we did venture out on Friday morning just to people watch. We headed to an outdoor shopping mall near us and just strolled after Mckenna got up, before her first nap. The air was crisp. Christmas music was playing. It felt like fall. Thankfully it was tame, so I didn't feel anxious with crazy deal freaks sprinting about. We did pick up some clothes for Mckenna for a steal...so maybe next year I will morph into a crazy deal freak myself and push down my anxiety for the day!

Welp, that was the start of our holiday season. I cannot wait for it to cool off even more so we can enjoy some hot chocolate all day long. The Christmas music is a permanent fixture in our lives now. The excitement for Christmas is building. It's the most wonderful time of the year! (Said in sing-songy voice to the tune of the song).

When do the holidays start for you? When do the Christmas tunes start blaring and the decorations go up?