Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thankful Thursday: DADA & Home

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful to have my hubby home after a 2-week hospital stay. It isn't fun to be apart, so I am thankful to have my hubby back!! He makes me life more fun, and honestly, easier! Ha! 

I'm thankful Mckenna has her daddy back. This is the first stay that you could tell Mckenna knew her daddy was gone and was noticeably excited to have him back. He got home after she went down for the night, and when she got up Tuesday morning, she was THRILLED to see him. She gave him a long, tight hug and while hugging him looked at me with total excitement on her face and exclaimed, "DADA"...as if to say, "mom, are you seeing this?! It's DADA!!!"

I'm thankful for other people's creativity. I stumbled upon a blog the other day that has GREAT ideas for kids. One of which are "busy boxes"...where you put activities in boxes and rotate through them, and let the kid pick which box to play with at certain times. Many work on fine motor skills in fun ways. I assembled 5 boxes for Mckenna this morning and holy cow, she LOVES them!!


Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for a quick two week hospital stay. It's never easy being away from my family, but we're more than willing to make such a sacrifice as we believe the hospital benefits me greatly. It was also much easier on Mandi as her parents are back in town and willing (and eager) to hang out with Mckenna as needed.

I'm thankful that it wasn't any worse. "It" being the virus that assisted my trip to the hospital. I was getting close to my bi-annual stay in the Hole, but I thought I'd be able to push it off a bit. After catching the virus on December 23rd, and not getting better after 2 weeks, I decided I needed some back-ups. I'm just thankful that it was a virus and not something worse that worked its way through my system.

I'm thankful for the opportunity to own a home. We started hosting the Bible study at our house every Thursday and that wouldn't be possible if we didn't have a place to live. It's also nice to have the space to accommodate  8 adults, 7 kids and a babysitter. Not sure why we're so blessed!

So, what are you thankful for today?