Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Hospitals & Views

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for my parents. With Ronnie in for a tune-up, I'm been blessed to get to spend a lot of time with my parents and have their help with Mckenna. I am SO thankful they're back.

I'm thankful for hospitals. It's not ideal that Ronnie is getting a tune-up, but my goodness am I thankful that there are hospitals and CF care to take care of my hubby.

I'm thankful for a smart husband. Ronnie knows what to take care of himself. He doesn't want to be away from Mckenna and I, and I know he hates putting his life of hold. However, I am so thankful that he does. It's important to nip whatever he has going on in the bud before it has time to permanently affect his health. I'm thankful that he knows that and does what he needs to do!

Ronnie's List:


I'm thankful for the cavalry. Like I wrote about yesterday, I just feel so blessed to have my CF team behind me and to have access to great medical facilities. I've been coming to this hospital since I was 6 months old and it truly feels like a home away from home. Can't wait to get back to being on top of my game!

I'm thankful for dry cereal. I won't be eating 5 meals a day while here in the Hole, so its a good thing that I have some snacks around. The cereals of the day currently are Life and Frosted Flakes. I probably should watch my intake however because I could easily down the box in one sitting.

I'm thankful for a nice view. The key to being a patient at UMC is to have a room with north exposure. That way, you get to see the beautiful Catalina Mountains off in the distance and enjoy some of the other scenery. I'm always pleased when I land on this side of the Hole.

So, what are you thankful for today?