Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Helper & Homemade

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for my little helper. Mckenna LOVES to help. Today alone she helped me vacuum, dust, do laundry and fold laundry. It is so sweet to watch her eagerly help me with tasks. It's even cuter to hear her say "ELPER" after I say, "Mckenna, can you be mommy's big helper?" I know there will come a time in the very near future that she will hate chores (as much as I do), but for now, I am really thankful for her willingness and excitement to help.

I'm thankful for girl scout cookie season ending...not because I don't want anymore cookies, but because girl scout cookie season for me is like holiday season for everyone else. I don't gain weight over the holidays, but you better believe I am carrying a couple cookie pounds around. So I am a little thankful that they aren't selling the cookies anymore to save me from myself. HA!

I'm thankful for a helpful hubby. Ronnie does so much around the house and with Mckenna. Every day my life is so much easier with the amount of work he does around here for our family. I am SO blessed to have him in my life.

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for homemade meals. Mandi has been on fire in the kitchen lately and its made my stomach and mouth very, very happy. Hoping the trend continues ;)

I'm thankful for perfect walking weather. Mandi, Mckenna and I have been trying to get out for more walks to enjoy more time as a family and to take in the weather. It's the perfect blend of crisp, sunny and windless. 

I'm thankful for Mckenna's stage in life. She's at that stage where she will try to say any word that you ask her to say and it is sooooo cute. I could probably throw words out to her all day and never get tired of it...although I think she would after about 26 seconds.

So, what are you thankful for today?