Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Discipline & Cancer News

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for a disciplined and hardworking hubby. Ronnie's PFTs took a bit of a dip since getting out of the hole. He was feeling not great after getting out - between a cold that wouldn't quit and a stomach bug. But he is now on fire and going to have his PFTs back up at his next appointment. I know my hubby and his ability to kick booty, so I know they'll be as high as they were..or at least close ;-)

I'm thankful for a good eater. Mckenna is a really good little eater. She has little phases where she wants more of one thing and less of another at times, but it's rare for her to put up a stink about eating. She LOVES veggies and fruits, so beyond that, I don't care what she eats. Ha! That's not exactly true, but I know if I can get her to love fruits and veggies, she'll be getting plenty of nutrients. Right now she's on a peanut butter on bread, broccoli, and egg kick. Frozen peas are her favorite snack. The thing I love best about her is that when she doesn't want something, she at least puts it in her mouth. Sure it makes it kind of messy from time to time, but I love that she will at least TRY it. She will put it in her mouth, chew for a second, and then say, "no" and hand it to me. Better to try than to not try at all :)

I'm thankful for friends. Mckenna and I have a mommy-daughter friend duo that we have play dates with. Mommy, Angie, and I are cut from the same cloth, but different enough that we bring different things to the table and really enjoy each other. The daughter, Harlow, is Mckenna's best buddy. She LOVES Harlow. If you tell her she's going to see Harlow she does nothing but say "Harlow" over and over and over again. When they see each other, they hug and kiss endlessly. It is adorable! I am so blessed to have a friend I love, who's daughter Mckenna loves!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for the good news about Grammy! Mandi's mom's mom had a bit of a cancer scare over the past month and was patiently waiting results of a biopsy of her lymph nodes. So happy to report that the biopsy was clean. Our prayers were certainly answered. 

I'm thankful for time with Mckenna. I said to Mandi the other day that I'm starting to enjoy my time with Mckenna more and more. That's not to say that I didn't enjoy our time together in the past, just for me, it's different now. She's at that stage where you can see her brain working a bit. She challenges herself once in a while just to see if she can do a certain something. She communicates better. I just know when I wake up in the morning, I can't wait for our daddy date :)

I'm thankful for a superwoman spouse. I don't know how Mandi does it. She's the best wife in the world. The most perfect mommy. A loyal friend. An exercise enthusiast. A great cook. And just an all-around cool chick. I don't know how she keeps up with it all, but I'm sure glad that she does!

So, what are you thankful for today?