Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Play Dates & Surprise Visits

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for play dates. Mckenna and I went to the train park with my friend, and her's. Angie and I became friends when we were both pregnant, and Mckenna and Harlow have been hanging out since birth. They love spending time together. Harlow became a big sissy a few weeks back, and now Mckenna gets to play with Harlow and baby sissy, London, on play dates. It's always a blast.

I'm thankful for my parents. Ronnie has been in 3 weeks as of tomorrow, and I have virtually lived at my parents' house with the except of 2 nights. They have made the stay a breeze and for that I am SO thankful.

I'm thankful for water. In AZ, in the summer, water becomes your best friend. I have guzzled a lot of water each day (about a gallon a day) ever since pregnancy and nursing, but it tastes so much better in the summer!

Ronnie's List:
I'm thankful for an adult CF team that is trusting in the fact that I know my body and know what I need. They have been incredibly helpful this stay and definitely putting me in the best position to succeed. I don't feel the pressure to get out of here as quickly as I have in times past and that has made a big difference. I'm getting close to blowing this popsicle stand!

I'm thankful for surprise visits. Yesterday was Mandi and my 3 year wedding anniversary. Mandi didn't mention coming down at all Monday or Tuesday, so I kind of figured something was up :) After seeing that she was not online Wednesday morning at her usual time, I was more convinced that I'd see her. To my delight, Mckenna and her walked into my room just before 11am. I was soooooooo happy. I know that packing up and coming down here isn't easy, and I'm just thankful that I have a wife willing to do that.

I'm thankful for my momma. My mom has spent time here in the Hole with me almost every single day during my time here. As a bonus, she usually comes bearing gifts like Dunkin Donuts coffee or a bag of jelly beans. She also brings me dinner almost every night. I am truly blessed to have the family that I do.

So, what are you thankful for today?

1 people had something to say...:

Unknown said...

Hi Ronnie. I am thankful that I get to be a mom, a daughter, and a sister. I am grateful that because of the tremendous support of my parents, sons, and sister, I am able to go to school to become a respiratory therapist. And I am thankful that people like you are willing to share your experiences so I can understand more and hopefully be a better therapist.