Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Sore Muscles & "Otta"

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:


I'm thankful for sore muscles. If you read the post yesterday, you know we started back up with our group personal training class, Intensity. Today, I am maybe the most sore I've ever been. In fact, I woke up a couple times in the night because when I moved in my sleep I felt my sore muscles. HA! I love the feeling of sore muscles because it's an indication that my body is actually getting worked and changing. WAHOO!

I'm thankful for yummy salads. I've been making a salad for Ronnie and I for lunch, and they are SO yummy, if I do say so myself. We do spring mix lettuce, grilled chicken, baked veggies, tomato from the garden, and a little dressing. It is delish.

I'm thankful for summertime. Something about "summertime" is just awesome. Even though I no longer have summer vacation like when I was in school, summer still has a feeling of relaxation and being carefree.

Ronnie's List:
I'm thankful for getting out of the Hole and feeling good! It was a longer stay than we had expected, but it was just what I needed to get back on top of my game. It's always tough being away from my family for extended periods of time, but we're all thankful when I'm able to get tuned up back to my old self.

I'm thankful for the annual Mexico trip. Every year my entire family takes a trip down to Mexico to spend some time together and relax. We rent a house (or two) on the beach and soak in as much sun as we can. This year was a little light as we "only" had 26 people there. It's truly an enjoyable time and what made it even more awesome was Mckenna's love for the "otta" (water), which of course means ocean :)

I'm thankful for big hats. Now that the summer is upon us, I find myself wearing big hats more often. I'm not a big "sun guy" but I especially don't like having a burnt face. In Mexico, I rocked my big gardening hat almost the entire time and when that wouldn't work, I threw on my old "big" Syracuse hat. I'm proud to report that I didn't get burned!

So, what are you thankful for today?