Friday, August 30, 2013

Thankful Thursday: CF Wife Friends & Little Brains

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for time with friends. This week I spent more time with girlfriends than most weeks. It was so great having a little grown up time and catching up with them. I am so thankful to be blessed with such incredible friendships.

I'm thankful for CF wife friends. This piggybacks off of the last one, but I am so thankful for time spent this week with another CF wife friend of mine. There are some things that form bonds off the bat, sharing the bond of being a CF wife is one of them. The fears, the blessings, the sacrifices and the benefits are all shared. There are perspectives on life that can't be shared in the same way with anyone else. We had one of the best conversations I've enjoyed in a long time and I feel so blessed to be able to share life together so openly.

I'm thankful for extra miles. This week I've upped my miles a bit, and I'm thankful for some extra time spent running. It's been a blessing to just get out and listen to music and feel the fresh air in the mornings. I can't wait til it cools off a bit, but for now, I'm just happy to be able to run more to get some extra fresh air.

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for little brains. With every day that passes, it seems like Mckenna is using her little brain more and more. You can "see" her problem solve. You can "see" her process the different options in her mind. You can "see" her search her brain for the right word in the right sentence for the right moment. I always knew that I'd like this stage, but I think I like it even more than I had imagined.

I'm thankful for dialogue. Yesterday's blog by Julie started some great dialogue both on the page and my FB page. It's always good to see differing opinions and read explanations as to why someone feels the way that they do. It's also great to see someone open to changing their opinion based on the solid argument and opinion of another.

I'm thankful for trail mix. I'm sure I've been thankful for this before, but I just had to say it again. The trail mix (fruit and nut) that we get from Costco is seriously too good. It's too good because I can't stop myself from eating and the only time I don't have more than I should is when it's not in the house. I'm kind of looking forward to finishing the bag so I no longer have an option...but then again, I'm also kind of sad at the idea :)