Thursday, September 5, 2013

Thankful Thursday: "Where are you, Mommy?" & A Recent Connection

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for running buddies. As I blogged about earlier this week, I have been running with a girlfriend and it is one of the best things ever. I have never been so excited to get up and go for a run. Better yet, I got my brother to run with me this morning!! I'm so thankful for quality time spent with friends and family while exercising.

I'm thankful for "where are you." Mckenna makes me laugh by the things she says (sometimes on purpose, sometimes not). My new favorite is when I hear her yelling, "where are you, mommy?" The way she says it warms my heart.

I'm thankful for parents who still love each other. My parents have been married for 30 years, and they still love and enjoy each other. There is no greater blessing than to see my parents so in love after so many years. I'm thankful they have each other.

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for a recent connection with a friend from the past. Steve and I have known each other for almost 20 years. We lived together in college and have shared many great memories together. As life moved on, it got in the way, and Steve and I only stayed loosely connected for the past 10 years or so. We knew about all of the BIG things going on in each others life, but didn't take the time to talk about the SMALL stuff. The stuff that holds friendships together. I'm happy to say that we talked about the small stuff today and I'm thankful that we're on our way back to how it used to be. 

I'm thankful for a supportive wife. There isn't much, if anything, that I do in which I don't have the full support of my wife. If she doesn't fully support something that I choose to do, I'm certainly not aware of it :) It's just nice to not have to worry about the person I do life with breathing down my neck and second guessing all of my decisions. I know some marriages live that way - I don't know how they do it.  

I'm thankful for no sugar. I decided that I wasn't going to eat sugar this week (candy or unneeded sweets) to see how it felt. I've got to say, it feels good and I can definitely tell a difference in how I feel and how I look. Not to say I'll never eat candy again (because I will), but it's nice to know I have the will power to do it!

What about you? What are you thankful for today?