Thursday, October 24, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Cooking Class & Grass

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for fun date nights. Last night Josh and Chrissy were nice enough to watch Mckenna, and Ronnie and I got out for a date night. Instead of the typical date of dinner or a movie or something, we decided to try taking a cooking class together. It was a blast, and we got to eat some yummy food to boot.

I'm thankful for good runs. My dad and I are still going strong in training for our marathon in January (did I mention I decided to train for one after we found our we are not preggo and decided to take a break?) Anyways, Saturday was a 12 miler and we both felt great. I'm thankful it feels good.

I'm thankful for snuggles. Mckenna has slept through the night for ages, but for some reason the last few naps and nights she's been waking up, crying, and seemingly off. I've been going in, thinking maybe it's a bad dream waking her or something, and giving her a quick snuggle before laying her back down (which does the trick and she's back out cold). While it's not awesome having your sleep interrupted, I wouldn't trade the few minutes of sleepy snuggles for anything!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for grass. Our grass has been struggling in rather large areas during the summer, so I'm happy to see our winter rye starting to come in nice and thick to cover the entire yard. There's just something about a nice lush green lawn that does the soul good...and my wife loves it, so that's always a win!

I'm thankful for power washers. My neighbor let me borrow his power washer and now our sidewalks and back porch look brand new! Well, maybe not quite brand new, but that probably has more to do with the user and not the power washer. The power that that thing possesses is crazy!

I'm thankful for short airplane rides. Recently, I had a trip that required an 1h15m plane ride. It seemed like quite the luxury and probably the shortest flight I've had in quite some time. For some reason, I'm always flying to the east coast. I also got to sit behind a 9 month old who I kept entertained for almost the entire flight. It was fun!

What about you? What are you thankful for today?