Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Grammy & Steady Improvement

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for time with my Grammy. It's been so wonderful to spend time with my Grammy these last few days. There's nothing better than a chosen friendship that blossoms out of a grandmother-granddaughter relationship. I'm so thankful for the wisdom and joy she's shared with me all these years.

I'm thankful for good sleep. Toddler sleep while traveling can be iffy, but Mckenna has transitioned to the new timezone perfectly and has been sleeping like a rockstar!

I'm thankful for a willing hubby. I'm thankful that Ronnie is always willing to check himself in for a tune-up when he needs it. I know he's healthier for it and I'd kinda like him to be around for awhile…ok…forever ;-)

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for FaceTime. Apple sure did figure out a way to make these hospital stays easier. I'm able to see the beautiful faces of my wife and daughter multiple times a day even though we're not in the same area code. Mckenna loves to hug the phone and get kisses from her Daddy, which of course melts my heart every time. 

I'm thankful for steady improvement. So far, I have been able to steadily improve while in the Hole. I've had a couple of days that the improvement wasn't all that big, but it sure beats declining. I really appreciate the patience of my CF team to allow me the time it takes to get better in here!! 

I'm thankful for the IPV. Most people don't like the idea of something blasting air into your lungs, but for me, it's quite the treat when I come into the Hole. It always feels like air is going to places that it hasn't been in a while :) 

What about you? What are you thankful for today?