Monday, January 6, 2014

We're Alive and It's 2014

How has it been 2 weeks since we've posted a blog? I blame it on Ronnie. He's in charge! In my defense, I only missed ONE post…he missed 849320842987 (that may be a slight exaggeration…slight). We didn't blog for so long we actually had some people check to see if we are ok. I'm happy to report, we are so ok we forgot to blog. Classic case of all fun and no work ;-)

Anyways, life is good. So I'll try to bring you up to speed…and I promise to give you the super brief cliff note version with lots of pictures…who reads the text anyways?!

Let's start with December 2nd. Ronnie wasn't feeling great so he went into the hospital…

…Uh oh, I think I just heard a few people hurl themselves out of their windows. I won't back up that far and I'll speed it up...

Ronnie was in the hospital. Mckenna and I kept ourselves busy. This stay was actually really great. As I mentioned, I decided to try something new this stay. Mckenna and I took a trip. I was nervous because I had never taken a trip just the two of us, but it actually went flawlessly. We flew to Florida to visit my Grammy. We spent 5 days there and then, since we flew in and out of Orlando, we spent 3 days in Orlando and went to Disney. Here are a few pictures from that adventure:
The plane ride there looked about like this…SCORE!

We did some exploring at Grammy's

We got lots of Grammy cuddles

We took lots of selfies at Disney because that's what you do when you're alone with a kid waiting in lines.

We napped on a train at Disney

We took more selfies (she looks excited, I look tired)

We waited...

And waited…but sometimes with new "friends"…for all you germophobes, I'm sure the ground she's laying on is suuuuper clean. I may or may not have remembered to wash her hands before eating. I may or may not have lost mom of the year (again) through this series of events that day!

We even took selfies on rides. She looks less excited because this was the end of the day…I look more excited because this was the end of the day!

The plane ride home was just as easy as the plane ride there

We looked like this going through the airport…some people smiled at me. Some shook their heads. Every mom gave me that "You got this, Mom. You can do this." look! You moms out there know exactly that glance we give each other!

We then got home and time slowed a bit. We had killed two weeks of Ronnie's stay getting ready for and being excited about our trip, and then we got home and the clock stopped. We did some daddy visits (which actually make time go REALLY slowly. I think hours are twice as long when you have a toddler in a hospital room, right? I think that's scientific fact). Then Mckenna and I went and saw Santa. It was a 4 hour drive there and a 4 hour drive back. And we got stuck up there, caught in a snow storm. I may never go to the North Pole ever, ever again. It would have been worth it, except Mckenna was pretty miserable 98% of the time.
This is how she felt about pictures all day.

She looks happy, but I think she was actually mocking me…how does it start so early?

She was REALLY excited to see Mrs. Claus…until she saw her.

She was equally as suspicious of this elf.

This was my 4th attempt at a photo with the Polar Express train…Are you noticing a trend for the day?

We were snowed in…so I taught her the art of room service and breakfast in bed.

I've read this is the safest time to take a picture ;-)

But before we knew it, Daddy was home. And all was right with the world:



Ronnie came home on the 23rd. So that brought us right into Christmas. We had a wonderful Christmas. We saw his family on Christmas eve, and mine on Christmas day. The day after Christmas we headed to Mexico for a little family getaway with my parents and brother and sister in law.

All in all it was a great holiday season, and we are so thankful for all the many blessings and memories in 2013. 2013 was full of a lot of highs and a handful of lows, but through it all we are so grateful for all we have been given. We are excited for whatever is to come in 2014!