Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thankful Thursday: New Kitchen & BART

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for girlfriends. This weekend I'm headed up to Northern AZ with some wonderful girlfriends to enjoy some time together. And in two weeks, Mckenna and I head to California with my girlfriend and her daughters for a girls trip. I am so blessed to have such amazing women in my life. It's incredible to have fun, encouraging friends to do life with.

I'm thankful for our new kitchen. I feel so blessed to have been able to give our kitchen a facelift. I know that is was most certainly a want and not a need, so I feel so thankful that we were able to do it.

I'm thankful for this: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/19/norwegians-boy-without-jacket_n_4815716.html. This video made me choke up and my heart swell with love and joy. In a world where the news is filled with horrible stories, this video is a ray of hope showing the love and compassion that is still everywhere around us.

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for free breakfast buffets. I stayed in a hotel all last week and was able to take full, and I mean FULL, advantage of all that it had to offer. Now, one interesting thing about this particular hotel buffet was that you had to microwave many of the breakfast foods - bacon, breakfast sandwiches, hash browns, etc - but, they did have fresh waffles with strawberries and whipped creme. Yes please.

I'm thankful for Happy Hours. On the same note, when I first got into San Francisco, I opened up my trusty Yelp app and identified all restaurants within walking distance that had Happy Hour specials. No, not because I drink, but because I don't like paying full price for food. So, between the free breakfast buffet and happy hour early dinners, I mostly lived off of 2 meals and snacks throughout the day. I easily ate for less than 20 bucks a day. Not bad.

I'm thankful for public transportation. There has never been a huge need for public transportation any place that I have lived, so when it's available, I tend to take full advantage of it. And I guess I should be clear, I'm not talking busses, I'm talking trains, subways and trolleys. I used BART as much as I could last week and I loved it!

What about you? What are you thankful for today?