Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thankful Thursday: God's Provision & "Our Thing"

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for 6 minutes of squats. I love a hard workout…once it's over. Yesterday our class had a "half time break" that was 6 minutes of squats. 6 MINUTES! 30 seconds of fast squats alternated with 30 seconds of bottom half squats….for 6 minutes straight. It was brutal, but it was awesome. You could feel yourself getting stronger by the amount of burn that was happening in your legs. I'm thankful I have somewhere I can workout and push myself.

I'm thankful for hard boiled eggs. They taste delicious and are healthy…but above all, I just love the way Mckenna says, "hard boiled eggs". She has about 14 extra syllables in the words and it makes me smile every time we asks for them. 

I'm thankful for God's provision and goodness. I am constantly surprised by what God provides for our family. I'm not sure why, as eventually you'd think I'd realize He will always show up in a way that is best for us, yet, I am constantly in awe. Sure we don't get everything we want, but we get all that we need and all that is right for us. Even through disappointments, God provides in ways bigger and better than my original plan. We have a little mantra in this house, "God is always good," that I try to drill into Mckenna's head. When asked, "even when things aren't perfect, what do we always know?" Mckenna will respond, "God is always good." As of now, she's just being a parrot, echoing what she's been told, but if she can one day understand and truly believe in God's goodness, even in tough times or sad circumstances, life will look a lot different for her. Life will always feel more joyful and filled with so much more peace. What a joy it is to serve a God who is always good, always shows up, and always has a plan.


Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for "our thing". On most Wednesdays, Mandi heads down to Tucson for a staff meeting which means it's just Mckenna and I from about 6am to 4pm or so. The ten straight hours is the most time we spend one-on-one with each other with no breaks, and I love it! Most Wednesdays we have the same routine which has become "our thing" - Breakfast, Treatment, Hang out (park, movie, bubbles, etc), Gym, Lunch, Nap, Mall, Costco, Home. She always gets special little candies at the mall, tours the puppy store and gets to play with 67 other children. We also get fun snacks at Costco and try to spot new items in the store. Wednesday is definitely one of my favorite days...along with the other 6.

I'm thankful for hard-boiled eggs. For the last week or so, we've all been really into hard-boiled eggs. We have eggs every morning, but usually would just do egg whites or a fried over easy/medium/hard. Mckenna seems to really dig them hard-boiled, and they've always been a favorite of mine, so I'm thinking we'll stick with them for a while.

I'm thankful for March Madness. There is nothing like the NCAA basketball tournament, and I can't wait to have it playing 24 hours a day. We all fill out a bracket - for nothing but bragging rights - and get sucked into many games throughout the day. By we, I of course am just talking about me...although Mandi did win the bracket competition last year.

What about you? What are you thankful for today?