Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Broccoli Slaw & Netflix

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I’m thankful for a new class. Yesterday morning I went to the gym before driving to Tucson for work. It wasn’t my usual time, but I figured I’d go and do a class called F.I.T. (which is essentially our Intensity class but in a 30 min version instead of a 45 minute version). Well it was full, so there I was at 5AM with no plan. I decided to do the BodyPump class as an alternative. It was a nice change of pace, and I’m sure my body appreciates it.

I’m thankful for Broccoli Slaw…you know the stuff in the pre made salad section at the store that has shredded broccoli, carrots, and cabbage? I just discovered it. It makes for a delicious alternative to pasta (cook and serve with pasta sauce), or as an alternative to lettuce/spinach/kale for a salad. And an entire bag is only 100 calories (and a whole bag is 2-3 times as much as you’d ever want to eat!)

I’m thankful for a tender-hearted daughter. Mckenna is really compassionate. You can tell by the way she says, “aww,” when she seems a baby/kid crying, or the way she is remorseful when she does something to hurt one of us. To see her sweet heart, remorse, and compassion brings me much joy!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for Netflix. I seem to be taking more advantage of Netflix these days than I have in the past. I used to do my relaxing by reading online or browsing sports sites, but I find myself relaxing now by watching TV series on Netflix. I recently finished the first season of Arrow and have since moved on to the first season of Prison Break. If you have any recommendations, please share!

I'm thankful for Wednesdays. Mandi usually is out of town for work on Wednesdays, so that means it's just Mckenna and I for the day. I love it. We have our special little things that we do and the one-on-one time is something that I really cherish. She's such a blessing.

I'm thankful for grills. We've been grilling a bit lately and its been glorious. Tonight we made grilled shrimp glazed with Thai chili sauce and asparagus. It was absolutely delicious!