Friday, May 16, 2014

Thankful Friday: Family

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I’m thankful for friends that are like family. Mckenna and I flew to SC to visit some family friends, the Giblins. My parents have been here a week and Ronnie, Mckenna and I were set to meet them for a long weekend. Ronnie ended up in the hole, so he didn’t join us, but Mckenna and I came anyways. It is such a blessing to have family friends that really are like part of the family. They are like another set of parents to Ronnie and I and we couldn’t be more thankful for their friendship.

I’m thankful for a change of scenery. Mckenna had a rough few days at the beginning of the week. I think she may feel Ronnie being gone and just how long he’s been gone this stay (I’ll write another whole blog about that). Anyways, she was a PILL! Thankfully, I think heading to SC was exactly what she needed to get out of her funk. A change of pace has been good for both of us.

I’m thankful for friends who are always there. As I mentioned, Mckenna was having a rough few days. She was clingy, nervous about me leaving her sight, but a pill when with me. On Tuesday, I had committed to take my brother to his follow up appointment for his leg, but Mckenna had to go to swimming, so her sitter (who she usually LOVES) came to watch her. Well it was not pretty. Mckenna sobbed and insisted on just “sleeping” in her bed alone until I got home. I called my friend, and someone who feels like a second mommy to Mckenna and let her know she may get a call from the sitter. Next thing I knew, I got a text that they were all meeting for gelato, followed by a picture of a perfectly happy Mckenna eating with her bestie. My friend proceeded to take Mckenna home, feed her a yummy dinner, and love on her (and played) until I got there. I am so thankful to have a friend who is always going out of her way to make my life easier, and loved so much by Mckenna.



Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for a great response in my first week in the Hole. I can't remember the last time my lungs responded so positively after just my first week in the Hole. My FEV1 actually went up 18% and more importantly, I can take a much deeper breath with little to no pain.

I'm thankful for family help. When I'm in the Hole, there are many family members who take on extra responsibilities or tasks to make my life easier. Mandi of course steps up BIG TIME and becomes a single mama while I'm gone which is quite the feat. My mom makes dinner for me almost every night. My brother Grant brings me food and hangs out almost every day. My brother Andrew is housesitting and dog-sitting while Mandi and Mckenna are out of town. CF can definitely be a team sport!!

I'm thankful that I can do almost all of my work from a computer. It takes a lot of pressure off of me getting out of the Hole quickly when I can still take care of my work tasks from my hospital room. Conference calls via the web are easy and email of course works from practically anywhere. I'm also thankful for those I work with be more flexible with me while I'm in here!

What are you thankful for today?