Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Voice & Honey

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I’m thankful for workout buddies. I’m blessed to have a hubby who’s always game for a trip to the gym, but I’m also blessed with active friends. As we’ve posted about on the blog, Mckenna took swim lessons recently. I adored her swim teacher, who is a sweetheart and VERY active. So I turned her into a workout buddy. She runs with some friends most days a week (which I’m not bold enough to weasel my way into), so we meet 1-2 times a week at the gym on the days she’s not running. It’s perfect because it means that most days I still am working out with Ronnie, with a few sessions a week with a friend!

I’m thankful for Mckenna’s voice. Mckenna loves music and LOVES to sing songs. I really adore hearing her little voice. She carries a tune about as well as Ronnie and I (which isn’t impressive), but it is so endearing to hear her belting out a song.

I’m thankful for a Grammy who I enjoy. This one sounds silly, but I’m thankful for a Grammy (my mom’s mom) who I can talk to like a friend. I call to chat with my Grammy about once a week, usually in the car on my way to or from work. I know for some calling a grandparent can be a task you check off a to do list. But I am so thankful that I have a Grammy that I simply adore and truly enjoy talking to. We usually joke around and laugh a majority of the call, and I always hang up with a huge smile on my face! She’s one fun lady!!!


Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for honey. Since we've been trying to eat cleaner lately, yet my sweet tooth still exists, I've been eating honey to get my fix. I've particularly been fond of honey drizzled over frozen fruit. It's quite the treat after dinner!

I'm thankful for organized files. I've gotten much more organized over the years and it sure makes everything much easier. I've recently had to access old files and information and having it all labeled within file folders by date made everything a breeze. Now if only I could keep my desktop clean!

I'm thankful for teeny, tiny cantaloupe. We picked out first melon of the season from the garden and it was a cantaloupe. I had to pick it a bit early because it was starting to burn, and to my surprise, it was still incredibly sweet. I'm looking forward to the bigger one being ready soon now!!

What are you thankful for today?