Thursday, July 31, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Roomba & Almond Milk

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I’m thankful for new life. One of my best friends had a baby on Friday…a sweet, adorable little boy, Jackson. I am so thankful for new life and the blessing of seeing a great mom and dear friend hold her new love in her arms.

I’m thankful for asparagus. I love it. A lot. It’s so yummy. We usually bake it in the oven with some spices on it, and man, they are delicious!!

I’m thankful for Roombas. We have a Roomba and it’s amazing. To have a little robot vacuuming while you are gone, working, sleeping, etc, is incredible. I love that little robot…and hearing Mckenna say, “oh, excuse me, robot."


Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful organization. I've never quite realized how much of a task based and organization freak I was until recently. As life has grown busier and busier, I've found that I need more and more structure to be successful. Thankfully, we live in a day and age that organization help is only a click away.

I'm thankful for help. Running CysticLife takes up most, if not all, of my "free-time". I'm so grateful that I've had some awesome folks in the community step-up and offer to help recently. My only goal is to do whatever is best for the CF community and put them in a position to succeed. It sure helps when I have some other peeps backing me up!

I'm thankful for Almond Milk. I decided to go dairy free a little while back and needed an alternative to milk/cream for my coffee. I bought soy, almond and rice milk because I figured it would be good to give them all a try. Truthfully, I prefer the taste of rice milk (too high of calorie) or soy (too many articles talking about too much soy being a bad thing), but landed on Almond Milk because of it's balance of taste, health benefits and low calories. Considering I only drink water and coffee, I go through quite a bit of Almond Milk each day!

What are you thankful for today?

2 people had something to say...:

Glue Meets Paper said...

Ugh a roomba has been on my amazon wish list for years, if love one! In regards to the almond milk, I found this article very enlightening myself, you should check it out, despite the somewhat in appealing title. I was pretty surprised myself :)

http://m.motherjones.com/tom-philpott/2014/07/lay-off-almond-milk-ignorant-hipsters

Unknown said...

I actually read that article also and found it funny/interesting :)