Monday, September 8, 2014

We're alive...and tanner!

Believe it or not, Team Sharpe is alive and well. We went on a little family getaway, and well, we left the blog behind.

My parents, Uncle Brad, my brother and sister-in-law, Ronnie, Mckenna and I all went to Maui for a fun-filled family trip. I have to say, I think it was one of my favorite family trips of all time. It was full of quality time together, amazing sunsets, ocean views, and massive amounts of food.

Mornings included a run with amazing views, but lots of hills; time by the pool or at the beach; and some kind of adventure. Afternoons were spent napping; time by the pool or at the beach; and dinner together. We did some fun half day trips to a blow hole, zip lining, fishing, and paddle boarding.

The thing I like best about family vacations is that it gives us the opportunity to spend time with my family that is uninterrupted by real life. We all live in the same town and see each other every week, but a few hours here and there just isn't the same as living under the same roof for a week. I am so thankful for a family who actually enjoys time together and for the opportunity to reconnect on a different level a couple times a year.

My favorite things from this trip were time spent with Ronnie and Mckenna in the pool and on the beach, running in the mornings with my mom or dad, and snuggling with Mckenna in bed at night (something we don't do at home, but on vacation can explain away to keep it from becoming a habit). And most of all, my favorite memory above all others was sitting on the porch in the mornings, watching the dawn turn into day, listening to the ocean, and one by one having family members wake up and join Mckenna and I on the porch.

Here's a little photo recap!